Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

VENTURA AND Di TROJA

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Carla_Scotland

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 20, 2020 6:49 pm    Sujet du message: VENTURA AND Di TROJA Répondre en citant

Hi all,

Are VENTURA and Di TROJA surnames from Picinisco?

I have been doing DNA matching and these two names have come up as possible matches. Stephania Ventura, born 20 Feb 1826 married my great great grandfather, Barbato Salveta, on 9th Aug 1856. The marriage shows her only parent as Clementina Di Troja. She died around 1863-1864 after her 4th son was born. I am sure I read somewhere that Di Troja was a name given to foundling children. So where did the surname Ventura come from?

It becomes more interesting because after Stephania died, Barbato married Maddalena Fulvio Projetti in 1864 who was also a foundling. Maddalena was born in 1839. The family has no knowledge of why Barbato moved to Picinisco but it is interesting that he married the child of a single mother and when she died married a foundling. Were these his only marriage prospects when he was a stranger to the residents?

I am descended from Barbato and Maddalena so am questioning why the Ventura name is coming up as a DNA match.

Carla
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail
Tatanna

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 22, 2020 9:35 am    Sujet du message: Ventura Répondre en citant

Hi Carla,
Check again the marriage of SALVATO E VENTURA 1856. The father of the bride is Joseph (Giuseppe) Ventura - the name is split over two lines Jo on the first line and sephi on the next.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Michel VACCA

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 22, 2020 4:03 pm    Sujet du message: Maddalena FULVIO Répondre en citant

Hello,
Stefania was born on March 30, 1835 in Picinisco and died in Picinisco on August 10, 1864. February 20, 1826 is the date of birth of Barbato SALVETA.
Stefania's parents are Giuseppe Domenico VENTURA and Maria Clementina DI TROIA
Barbato probably moved to Picinisco because Maddalena FULVIO was born there on April 27, 1839 and died on February 14, 1929.
(Child found by Anna Maria CAPOCCI, 43 years old, outside her door to S. Pietro).
The name Ventura probably appears because her biological father may be a VENTURA. We have no certainty since it is a found child.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Carla_Scotland

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 22, 2020 7:33 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Michel,

Thanks for the information. I missed Stephania Ventura's father's name in the marriage record when she married Barbato in Picinisco in 1856 because the priest at the time split the name over two lines and it was the Latin version of the names he used.

Barbato, who was born in Casalattico, must have come to Picinisco either to marry Stephania Ventura or looking for work. I was mostly interested in if the Ventura family had been in Picinisco for a long time or if they were a newer family like Pandolfi who you said only appear in records from 1810.

I am interested to find out how the Salveta family came to own the house opposite the church. Was it originally owned by the Ventura family and Barbato came to own it when his wife Stephania died or was the house empty and he bought it? I can't imagine it would have been easy to buy a property in that area when you are an outsider when most properties seem to have been owned by the same families for generations.

Maddalena Fulvio was given the surname Proietti and as she was a foundling she would not have owned any property when she married Barbato in 1864. Do you know if foundling were given to a family or was there an orphanage where they lived?

Do you know if property records exist which would show ownership of the house or are there any other types of records I should look at?

Thanks again for all the help.

Carla
Carla_Scotland

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 22, 2020 7:35 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ann,

Thanks for the information - two of us were looking at the record and missed the father's name. I will email you in the next couple of days.

Carla
Tatanna

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 23, 2020 9:05 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

There were two, maybe three Ventura families in Picinisco in 1825.
Maddalena Fulvio's surname was Fulvio.
Proietti (thrown away) is what she was! She was never given the surname Proietti.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: