Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Capaldi, Fusco, Gizzi, Coppola, Di Marco, Faccenda, Valente

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Stuart Capaldi

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 11, 2006 5:05 pm    Sujet du message: Capaldi, Fusco, Gizzi, Coppola, Di Marco, Faccenda, Valente Répondre en citant

I have started a new thread with the above heading as I have discovered new names that fit into the history of my Italian ancestors. Hopefully this may increase my chances of finding where my ancestors came from.

My great grandfather and great grandmother Sante Capaldi and Angela Maria Fusco possibly came from the Picinisco, Atina area of Italy.

My grandfather Achille Capaldi born in 1879 in Germany? Whilst his parents were living and working temporarily in Germany. The family returned to Italy, I do not know date.

Achille had a brother, Louis Capaldi, who died at a young age I do not know date.

Achille had 4 sisters named, Carmelia, Filomena, Leondra and Angelina they all lived in the USA. From approx. 1920 to 1950 they and their children lived at Racine Avenue, Chicago.

Achille as a young man returned to Germany and lived and worked in Munich, Germany. I do not know exact dates.

Achille then moved to Edinburgh, Scotland circa 1905.

In 1906 he married Margaret Gundel. Witnesses at his wedding were Alexander Di Marco and Liberato Gabriele

His relatives in Edinburgh were Alexander Di Marco, Maria Civita Di Marco, (born 1884) “Nancy” Annunziata Gizzi ( born 1887) and Domenico Gizzi (born 1890).

Maria Civita Di Marco married in Edinburgh in 1905, Paolo Coppola (born 1879) Their children’s names were Yolande Angela, Alfredo Michaelangelo, Veronica Teresa, Achille Felippe, Adriano Angelo Enrico, Marghereta Benedette Lenora and Claudio Benito Corrado

Maria Civita Di Marco’s parents were Luigi Di Marco (Confectioner) and Maria Nascenza Faccenda.

Paolo Coppola’s parents were Carmine Coppola (Farmer) and Pasqua Di Marco

Annunziata Gizzi’s parents were Sante Gizzi (Farmer) and Catterina Valente

If anyone has any information on the names listed above, no matter how obscure, please post or send me a message. My main objective is to find out the exact location from where my ancestors came.

Thanks

Smile
Wendell Murray

MessagePosté le: Dim Juil 16, 2006 12:55 pm    Sujet du message: Faccenda Répondre en citant

Hi, Stuart,

I have a fourth great-grandmother Maria Angela Maddalena Faccenda (Maddalena), born 4 Apr 1763 who married Michelangelo Ferri and lived in San Giuseppe. Actually a lot of the Ferri's married Faccenda's. Michelangelo's brother Valenzio (b. 1765) married Prudenziana Faccenda and his brother Ferdinando (b. 1774) married Francesca Antonia Faccenda.

Also, one son of Michelangelo Ferri and Maddalena Faccenda, Nicola Antonio Constatino Ferri (b. 1805), married Serafina Nunziata Faccenda. Interestingly, the three children I have for Nicola and Serafina all married Gizzi's: Alfonso Ferri (b. 1843) married Filomena Gizzi (b. 1851); Gaetano Ferri (b. 1844) married Maria Teresa Gizzi (b. 1849); and Zacharia Ferri (b. 1849) married Antonia Giovanna Gizzi (b. 1848)

Some of the other children of Michelangelo and Maddalena married Capaldi's: Francesco Antonio Ferri (b. 1794) married Celestina Capaldi (b. about 1791); Ascenza Concetta Angela Ferri (b. 1797) married Diamante Giuseppe Arcangela Capaldi (b. about 1795); Cosmo Ambrosio Capaldi (b. 1802) married Camilla Veneranda Capaldi (b. about 1802). By the way, Cosmo and Camilla had a daughter, Rosa Ferri (b. 1829) who also married a Gizzi, Giuseppe Pasquale (b. 1826). Several of their children married Capocci's, a surname I've seen on this forum.

As a side note, in 1815 my third great-grandmother, Serafina Ferri, daughter of Michelangelo Ferri and Maddalena Faccenda, married Pietro Di Iorio of Pizzone, which is about 40 miles to the east and over the mountains. I've been surprised by this union considering the distance and how difficult the journey must have been in 1815.

Anyway, a lot of this revolves around the Ferri's, who lived in the hamlet of San Giuseppe.

Hope this is helpful. I have a bit more detail on these lines if you want to pursue them.

Wendell
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Stuart Capaldi

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 18, 2006 11:46 am    Sujet du message: San Giuseppe Répondre en citant

Thanks Wendell,

It does seem that the names are local to this area. I will continue to pursue my searches, although I will keep an open mind to the possibility that my ancestors came from other valleys in the Cassino area.

As mentioned before any information is always helpful.

I will be visiting the Picinisco area during my visit to Italy from 4th to 13th September 2006 when I hope to get some more information.

If anyone can advise me on the places to search e.g. churches, cemeteries, local offices or where any records can be found I would be most grateful. Question

Thanks once again

Very Happy
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: