Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Searching information about Carmine Antonio Porelli

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Sembeljaars

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 02, 2018 8:08 pm    Sujet du message: Searching information about Carmine Antonio Porelli Répondre en citant

Hello,

I am looking for information about Carmine Antonio Porelli (or Porrelli), birth is uncertain. Could be around 1846/1847, or around 1838

He moved to the Dutch East Indies, so information about his birth is very vague. I do not know for certain if he was born in Picinisco, but there are a lot of Porelli's from this place so it could be.

I hope you can help me.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail
Michel VACCA

MessagePosté le: Sam Mar 03, 2018 6:10 pm    Sujet du message: Carmine Antonio PORRELLI Répondre en citant

Hello,

Between 1830 and 1849, two Carmine PORRELLI were born in Picinisco.
Carmine PORRELLI born 18/07/1847 and Carmine Luigi born 22/10/1838.
Do you have information about parents ? or possibly on brothers and sisters.
See you soon.

Michel VACCA
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Sembeljaars

MessagePosté le: Sam Mar 03, 2018 7:21 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Unfortunately, I do not have information about the parents at all. However, a man named Fr. Porelli (Possibly Francesco?) travelled with him to the Dutch East Indies. As far as I know he is younger than Carmine. He could be a brother.

I do not recognise the name "Luigi" at all, so I do not think this is likely.

If you could tell the names of the parents of Carmine from 1847, I might recognise names from his children and grandchildren.
Tatanna

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 04, 2018 5:24 pm    Sujet du message: Carmine Porelli Répondre en citant

The Carmine Porrelli born in 1847 went to France in 1868. (ref 0132)
His brother followed the next year.
The Carmine born in 1838 stayed in Picinisco, married and had children.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Sembeljaars

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mar 08, 2018 1:10 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Then it must be the Porrelli from 1847. Can I now be sure that the name of Carmine's brother was Francesco? And does the record you used have any other information, maybe specific dates/parents?

Thank you for helping me Very Happy
Sembeljaars

MessagePosté le: Sam Mai 12, 2018 8:59 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hello,

I have made some progress in my search for Carmine Porrelli. He was born on the 26th of July 1846. Location still unknown.

But I have found several Porrelli's who were born in San Biagio Saracinisco. Is it possible to see if there is a Carmine Porrelli born there?

Thank you in advance!
Tatanna

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 24, 2018 2:44 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

San Biagio civil records and parish records were destroyed in WW2. The church has nothing before 1900
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Tatanna

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 24, 2018 2:47 pm    Sujet du message: Carmine Porrelli Répondre en citant

The Carmine born in 1847 was baptized 18 July. Awfully close if your dates are coming from other countries records.
Sembeljaars

MessagePosté le: Dim Aoû 12, 2018 10:25 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The birth date, 26 July 1846, was the date on his grave in the Dutch East Indies. I don't think the birth date on his grave could be wrong, because he had a son and a wife who probably knew his real birth date.

But I have again made some progress in my research. Carmine Antonio Porrelli was born in Naples (this could mean a lot of things, either kingdom of Naples, province, city, surroundings, etc.) and I am sure Carmine is somehow related to Carmine Porrelli born in 1847, because they both made ice cream. Is it possible to see any other Porrelli's who moved to Naples or made ice cream?

I hope you can help me.
Tatanna

MessagePosté le: Dim Aoû 12, 2018 7:48 pm    Sujet du message: Porrelli Répondre en citant

When you are illiterate 'real' birthdates don't exist. In those times many Italians didn't celebrate their 'birth' days but their onomastico, which is the Saint day they were named after. Easier to remember and if it was a local Saint the priest kept you well informed. The baptism date was the more important date and it often occurred up to a week after the actual birth date although more frequently the same day or day after. It was frequently given as a 'birthdate'.
This Carmine did not have a brother Francesco.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: