Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fusco/Capocci

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Picinisco - Forum Forum Index -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nance

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Fusco/Capocci Reply with quote

My great grandmother was Filomena Capocci born around 1859 I believe in Picinisco. She married Antonio Fusco on 31st October 1886 when they were both living in Hammersmith. I don't know when they emigrated to the UK, but I am trying to locate the village near Montecassino where Antonio originated from. My late mother wrote it down on a scrap of paper as Cerashure, but it could be Serashura or as we used to pronounce it "shurashura". Does anyone have any idea where this could be?
Tatanna

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Shuraschura Reply with quote

She may have been saying Ciociara (scho-shara) but it is an area not a hamlet around Montecassino.
Fusco is found in Picinisco and Villa Latina, but Capocci is found mostly in Picinisco but I don't see Filomena in the baptism index around 1859. DO you know her father's name?
nance

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Fusco/Capocci Reply with quote

Thank you so much! What a wonderful woman you are to take an interest and solve this long standing family mystery. It's definitely Ciociara and I only wish my mother was alive so that I could tell her. Filomena may have been born in 1858 if she turned 28 after her marriage on 31st Oct 1886. The certificate states that her father's name was Domenico Capocci (deceased) and he was a coffee shop keeper. Antonio Fusco was 31 at the time of their marriage, but he too could have turned 32 after their marriage, so he was either born in 1854 or 1855. The registrar has entered his father's name as Loreta Fusco, but I think that must be an error, as it's a girl's name. Anyway he was a carpenter, also deceased.

I should be extremely grateful for any information that you can give me regarding both Filomena and also Antonio if possible.
Michel VACCA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Filomena CAPOCCI Reply with quote

I you postage was an email.
Michel VACCA
www.picinisco.net
Graham Corio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nancy

I too have been looking at Italians in Hammersmith as that is where my GF came from. However, his early life is a bit of a mystery. Some other Corios definitely came from Picinisco.
A Modestino Corio married an Addolorata Cappoci in Picinisco 12/9/1885 and they lived in Hammersmith then Chiswick.
I have a BC for an Domenico Antonio Fusco, whose parents were Antonio Fusco and Annie (formerly Webster) from 5/10/1885 which you are welcome to have a copy of if it helps. I could email it to you,.

Graham Corio
nance

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Graham

Thank you for contacting me. I would be interested in seeing the BC, although I'm not sure if it's relevant to my family as the names and dates don't add up, but it may be worth a look anyway. Actually I have a copy of a census form from 1881 for 3 Carlton Mews, Fulham with Antonio Fusco, his wife Annie and baby daughter Angelina listed. I had already discounted them as my ancestors, but they may be of interest to you perhaps?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Nancy
Graham Corio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nancy

I sent you a PM.

Graham Corio
nance

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent you a PM
Graham Corio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nancy

I have checked my PMs and there is nothing there??
Perhaps I am doing something wrong or there is a problem as I can't see the PM that I sent to you either!
My email is graham.corio@virgin.net, perhaps email me directly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Picinisco - Forum Forum Index -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: