Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Rosalba Capaldi / Pelosi

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Jackiew9

MessagePosté le: Lun Sep 08, 2014 1:13 pm    Sujet du message: Rosalba Capaldi / Pelosi Répondre en citant

Looking for any information on Rosalba (Rosa)CAPALDI PELOSI (my Great Great Grandmother) b 09/02/1851 in PICINISCO. She married Francesco PELOSI in 19/10/1872 possibly in PICINISCO. She emigrated to England with 4 of her children GIACINTHA, GENNARO (GEORGE), ANTONIA and PIETRO sometime during the 1890's, in 1901 they were living in Bideford North Devon then moved to Paignton Devon. Rosalba died in 1930 in Paignton Devon. I'm not sure if her husband Francesco PELOSI emigrated with her? As I cannot find any records for Francesco PELOSI.
Would like to find any information as to who Rosalba CAPALDI's parents were and if she had any brothers/sisters and did they also emigrate to England? Also any information as to what happened to Francesco PELOSI, Rosalba's husband.
Thank you for any help.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Michel VACCA

MessagePosté le: Mer Sep 10, 2014 3:16 pm    Sujet du message: CAPALDI - PELOSI Répondre en citant

Rosalba CAPALDI - 09/02/1851 Picinisco
daugter of Fortunato Francesco CAPALDI and Francesca Speranza CROLLA

and

Francesco PELOSI 29/03/1836 Picinisco
son of Nicola Fulgenzio PELOSI and Francesca Antonia BONI

Marriage : 19/10/1872 Picinisco

Children :

Gerardo 23/12/1873 Picinisco - 16/02/1874 Picinisco

Antonio 29/12/1874 Picinisco - 11/03/1875 Picinisco

Teresa 12/05/1876 Picinisco
Sp. Lorenzo MARGIOTTA 25/10/1906 Picinisco

Giacinta 10/04/1878 Picinisco

Gennaro 02/07/1881 Picinisco - 06/1973 Wandworth London
Sp. Delphine HAM

Antonia 20/04/1883 Picinisco

Pietro 30/04/1885 Picinisco
Sp. Melania COPPOLA 26/04/1919 Picinisco

Francesco was first married Giovanna Antonia PELOSI - 09/07/1835 Picinisco - 22/02/1870 Picinisco. Marriage: 06/05/1869 Picinisco

Child :

Caterina PELOSI 21/02/1870 Picinisco
Sp. Pietro Antonio DI FELICE 17/09/1869 Picinisco
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Tatanna

MessagePosté le: Mer Sep 10, 2014 4:51 pm    Sujet du message: Francesco Répondre en citant

To know what happened to Francesco would require a search of the death records after 1885 (birth of his last child according to Michel).
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Jackiew9

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 11, 2014 12:42 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Thank you very much Michel for this information. Do you know if there is any information about dates and places of birth for Fortunato Francesco CAPALDI and Francesca Speranza CROLLA? Also if Rosalba CAPALDI had any brothers or sisters?

Also where can I look for death records relating to Francesco PELOSI?

Thank you again for your help it is very much appreciated.

Jackie
Stuart Capaldi

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 30, 2014 9:29 pm    Sujet du message: Rosalba Capaldi Répondre en citant

Here is the information I have in my tree not yet included on my website www.capaldi-clan.com

Fortunato Francesco Capaldi married 3 times

1)Giovanna Faccenda,
2)Francesca Speranza Crolla
3)Anna Rosa Boni

Children(1)
Anna Capaldi b 1836

Children (2)
Daniele
Giovanni
Antonia
Pasquale
Rosalba b 1851
Francesca

Children (3)
Nicola
Giuseppe b 1863
Jackiew9

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 30, 2014 9:49 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Stuart

Thank you so much for this information. I did have a look on your website but couldn't see Rosalba Capaldi (my GG Grandmother) in your tree.
Do you have any information about Rosalba? Do you know what happened to her husband Francesco Pelosi? As we have not been able to find any information about him.The story we were told was that Rosalba came to England sometime at the end of the late 1890's with her children Giacintha(Georgina),my Great Grandfather Gennaro (George), Antonia and Pietro but not with her husband Francesco. We have not been able to find any of them on any ships passenger lists. We think they arrived and lived in Bideford Devon then moved to Paignton in Devon around 1902/03. Thank you again for your help.

Jackie
Stuart Capaldi

MessagePosté le: Mer Déc 31, 2014 12:33 pm    Sujet du message: Rosalba Capaldi Répondre en citant

Jackie

Not sure if you have looked t the 1901 Census.
The family is living in Bideford Devon

Rosalba 42 head
Antonia 18 daughter
Gennaro 20 son
Francesco Marino 28 Boarder

Please note that there is always potential for errors in census returns due to language difficulties, not being able to read and write, deliberate wrong information, also the census enumerator putting things down wrongly.

Rosalba is the head of the household but she also is married if her husband was deceased she should have put widow. We might be able to assume that her husband was still alive but living and working elsewhere, not an unusual set of circumstances for an Italian immigrant family.
Where are the other children you mentioned?

Stuart
armstrongvk12

MessagePosté le: Mer Déc 31, 2014 1:41 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Georgina Pelosi was married to Joseph Quattrociocchi in 1895, later changing their sur name to Fourchalk when she immigrated to Canada with Joe and their 7 children. I believe that Pietro was working in some sort of hospital as a kitchen boy during the 1901 census.

The mystery seems to be how did Rosalba Capaldi Pelosi and her 4 children get to England and what happened to her husband. So far, Jackie and I have found no records of immigration to Britian and no record for death of Rosalba's husband, Francesco.
Stuart Capaldi

MessagePosté le: Mer Déc 31, 2014 5:07 pm    Sujet du message: Rosalba Capaldi Pelosi Répondre en citant

A further quick search has produced following

1911 Census

Rosalba and son Pietro living at 8 Beaumont Terrace Paignton

Now noted as widow

So did Francesco die between 1901 and 1911?

Probate and wills

Rosabla's will gives her address in 1930 as 73 Winner Street Paignton

All proceeds to George Pelosi vendor Ł73

1891 Census

A Rosa Capaldi similar age was living in Newcastle upon Tyne but no sign of children etc
Therefore will be different person Also noted as a musician.

If I come across any relevant info I will keep you posted
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: