Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Lorenzo Margiotta and Teresa (Pelosi) Margiotta

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
armstrongvk12

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 25, 2014 9:21 pm    Sujet du message: Lorenzo Margiotta and Teresa (Pelosi) Margiotta Répondre en citant

Looking for any information that you can give me on Lorenzo Margiotta (b. 1878 in Picinisco) who marries Teresa Pelosi (b. 1876 m. 1906). Not sure if they were married in Picinisco. Children could be Nancy, Nicolline, Romilda and Francis, all born in London, England area.

Teresa would be my paternal great aunt, but I have never heard of her so I'm questioning her relationship to me. From reading a few other posts on other web sites, it seems like there may be a connection, but then again, maybe not.

Basically all I know about them is what I listed above. I can't seem to find much information on Teresa. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
armstrongvk12

MessagePosté le: Mer Fév 26, 2014 1:44 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

According to Michel, Teresa Pelosi was born on May 12, 1876.
Michel VACCA

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 02, 2014 7:12 pm    Sujet du message: Lorenzo MARGIOTTA and Teresa PELOSI Répondre en citant

Lorenzo MARGIOTTA birth 13/06/1878 Picinisco
Parents : Nicola MARGIOTTA and Domenica PERELLA
and
Teresa PELOSI birth 12/05/1876 Picinisco
Parents : Francesco PELOSI and Rosalba CAPALDI

Marriage : 25/10/1876 Picinisco
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Michel VACCA

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 02, 2014 7:15 pm    Sujet du message: Nancy and Nicoline Répondre en citant

Nancy and Nicoline are not the children of Lorenzo MARGIOTTA and Teresa PELOSI but Lorenzo MARGIOTTA and Rosina FACCENDA. Rosina died in the USA !
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
armstrongvk12

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 02, 2014 10:55 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Thank you very much for that clarification Michel. Do you see any mention of Teresa Pelosi after her marriage? Is she the mother of Romilda or is that a different Pelosi? I found evidence of Romilda being born in London, but I can't tell if Teresa Pelosi is her mother or not. I also can't find any death information on Teresa. Thanks very much for your help!
pmmw35

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 12, 2014 10:53 am    Sujet du message: teresa pelosi Répondre en citant

I used to think she was the full sister of my grandmother MARIA GIUSEPPA PELOSI MANCINI, but now see she was probably only half sister, shared father FRANCESCO PELOSI, different mothers. TERESA was mother of ROMILDA (HILDA), as I have her birth certificate. Puzzlingly she was born (father LORENZO) at 44 BITTERN ST, SOUTHWARK, 1912; this is the same address as shown for LORENZO and ROSINA in the 1911 census only one year before, showing NICOLLINE and NANCY.
I can't believe there were 2 different LORENZO MARGIOTTAS at the same house within 12 months.
Is it possible that TERESA was TERESA ROSINA, and gave a different name on the census and on the birth certificate?
Hilda used to attend Mancini weddings in South Shields in the 1930s/40s (before my time), but I have photos of a couple visiting my aunt DORA MANCINI LAMB in PAIGNTON in the 1950s ( I was in them); I think it was Hilda's brother FRANK, his wife ENRICHETTA SILVA, and their son about my age.

That's about all I know. Good luck.

pm
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail
Jackiew9

MessagePosté le: Sam Aoû 02, 2014 5:15 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hello Peter

armstrongvk12 and I are second cousins,we have been working on our Pelosi family tree together. Our Great Grandfather was GEORGE (GENNARO) PELOSI, according to records GEORGE'S siblings were GERARDO, ANTONIO, TERESA, GEORGINA, ANTONIA and PIETRO their parents were FRANCESCO PELOSI and ROSALBA CAPALDI, they also had a half sister CATERINA PELOSI from FRANCESCO'S first marriage.
We know very little about TERESA PELOSI. Michel Vacca sent my cousin records showing that she was married to LORENZO MARGIOTTA in 1906 in Italy. From other records we have found TERESA and LORENZO had a daughter ROMILDA born in 1912 and a son FRANCIS / FRANK born 1916 both born in London. We haven't been able to find any other information about TERESA (PELOSI) MARGIOTTA.
We are not sure if this TERESA (PELOSI) MARGIOTTA is the sister to our GreatGrandfather GENNARO PELOSI?

We do know that ROSALBA (CAPALDI) PELOSI and 4 of her children GEORGINA, GENNARO, ANTONIA and PIETRO Came to England sometime during 1890's. They lived in BIDEFORD DEVON then settled in PAIGNTON DEVON about 1902/3. One of our Great Grandfather GEORGE'S sister ANTONIA PELOSI married VINCENZO DI MEO they had 8 children, one of them FRANCESCO DI MEO married MARY JANE LAMB, records show that MARY JANE LAMB's brother JOSEPH ROBERT LAMB married BERNICE MANCINI , maybe this is your Aunt DORA?

We also wonder what happened to FRANCESCO PELOSI husband of ROSALBA (CAPALDI)PELOSI As we have not found any records of his death etc.

Jackie
Tatanna

MessagePosté le: Dim Aoû 03, 2014 3:10 pm    Sujet du message: Teresa Pelosi Répondre en citant

I am a professional researcher and have searched many Picinisco family trees.
The entire family is living in Casale and Gennaro did have a sister named Teresa but she did not marry a Margiotta. At least not before 1899. She is shown to have married someone else but the name is not clear.
Thereare several Teresa Pelosi in the parish census. YOu need to know the father's name (or brothers, sisters etc) in order to make sure you have the right one.
To learn if Francesco died in Picinisco or in England would require a search of civil records as many Picinisco families registered their births, marriages and deaths with the Consulate in order to maintain their Italian citizenship.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Jackiew9

MessagePosté le: Dim Aoû 03, 2014 4:40 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hello Ann

Thank you for your reply. TERESA PELOSI was born 12/05/1876 Picinisco, her parents were FRANCESCO PELOSI and ROSALBA CAPALDI. TERESA'S brothers and sisters were GERARDO b 1873..d 1874, ANTONIO b 1874..d 1875, GIACINTA(Georgina)b 1878, GENNARO (George)b 1881, ANTONIA b 1883 and PIETRO b 1885. CATERINA PELOSI b 1870 was their half sister she was FRANCESCO'S daughter by his first marriage to GIOVANNA ANTONIA PELOSI.

We have not been able to find any death record of FRANCESCO PELOSI in England so we did wonder if he passed away in Italy? Or did he travel to another country? On the 1901 England and Wales Census FRANCESCO is not listed ROSALBA PELOSI is listed as head of family, the 1911 Census she is listed as widowed.

Thank you for your help.

Jackie
Tatanna

MessagePosté le: Lun Aoû 04, 2014 7:46 am    Sujet du message: Teresa Pelosi Répondre en citant

All of the information you provide is contained in the census in Picinisco. Plus birthdates, some death dates (not Francesco), marriage dates and names of groom.
This leads me to believe Francesco died elsewhere or after 1899 (dates of death are often only given if the funeral was conducted in the church).
Civil records are your only chance of finding this information.
If you need me to go there and check this please email me directly.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
JohnBeaird

MessagePosté le: Ven Oct 28, 2016 8:33 am    Sujet du message: Re: Répondre en citant

Thanks for all your efforts and civil records you've put in order to supply us with this useful information. You're a really professional researcher! I've found http://puressay.com/blog/essay-on-mother-teresa, so don't hesitate to view an article.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: