Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Marcantonio - Atina

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Reevesyi

MessagePosté le: Lun Jan 27, 2014 2:31 pm    Sujet du message: Marcantonio - Atina Répondre en citant

Dear All,

I am researching my family tree and have reached a dead end!

The oldest member I have found, my great great great grandmother, her details are as follows: -

Name: Rosa D V Marcantonio
Born: About 1839
Place of birth: Atina (as mention on a UK Census)
Husband: Unknown

She arrived in England sometime between 1871 and 1881, first census she appears on is 1881 in Lowestoft.

In 1881 she has the following children all born in Italy

Giovanni Marcantonio B. 1866
Cormela Marcantonio B. 1867
Tomagino Marcantonio B. 1869
Alefonzo Marcantonio B. 1864

I also believe that Rosa's brother-in-law (unknown husband's brother ) was Gesidio Marcantonio B. 1840 and married Maria Mancini B. 1849)

I hope someone can possibly assist in further information?

I am looking to visit Atina in the summer once I have some further information.

Kindest regards

Ian
Tatanna

MessagePosté le: Mer Jan 29, 2014 3:20 pm    Sujet du message: Atina Répondre en citant

Atina has some great civil records that will provide you with details of the whole family but first you need to know her husband's name. You can get this by requesting one of the children's birth records.
The surname Marcantonio is found in Rosanisco which is also part of Gallinaro.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Reevesyi

MessagePosté le: Mer Jan 29, 2014 6:00 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Where would I obtain birth records for the children?

Many thanks

Ian
Tatanna

MessagePosté le: Mer Jan 29, 2014 7:31 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Write in Italian to:-

Comune di Arpino
Via Aquila Romana, 2
Arpino, (FR) 03033
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Reevesyi

MessagePosté le: Mer Jan 29, 2014 8:55 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

My italian is a bit rusty and limited, but I will try!

Thank you for your help Smile
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mer Fév 19, 2014 11:40 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I *think* I might have your family on my tree. I have a DOMENICO MARCANTONIO (born Picinisco 12 Dec 1832) married to ROSA DI VITO, although I don't have a list of their children. Domenico had a brother BENIAMINO CESIDIO MARCANTONIO who was married to MARIA MANCINI

Hope that helps Very Happy
MariaCellini

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 02, 2015 12:34 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

If it's the same Giovanni Marcantonio he came over to England but then left again fro Picinisco in 1904 with his son Antonio to retire. Antonio came back to England with his wife Angela (they lived in a block of flats in Carliol Square in Newcastle next door to my Italian ancestors) and set up a thriving ice cream business still going strong to this day and known as Mark Toneys (and still ran by the Marcantonio family). Antonio had a villa in Picinisco.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Jillzrz

MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 10, 2020 3:52 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi - I have a Carmela Marcantonio b abt 1851 married to Giovanni Di Ciacca abt 1851 too.
Reevesyip

MessagePosté le: Mar Jan 26, 2021 5:27 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Marisa a écrit:
I *think* I might have your family on my tree. I have a DOMENICO MARCANTONIO (born Picinisco 12 Dec 1832) married to ROSA DI VITO, although I don't have a list of their children. Domenico had a brother BENIAMINO CESIDIO MARCANTONIO who was married to MARIA MANCINI

Hope that helps Very Happy

After a few years away from searching my family history and with more time due to COVID-19 restrictions I am back on it!

Yes Domenico & Rosa Di Vito are my Gr Gr Gr Grandparents, Rosa ended up in Ipswich Suffolk in an area that for a while was known as 'little italy' due to the many italian families, although not sure what happened to Domenico, I assumed he had passed away as cannot find any records for him.

Whereas Rosa ended up in Ipswich Cesido went to Norwich I believe.

I have been lucky enough to visit and fall in love with both Atina and Picinisco and all being well will visit both again in June.

I am finding it difficult to fine anything further on Domenico/Cesidio or Rosa's parents.

any info greatly appreciated

thanks

Ian R
Tatanna

MessagePosté le: Mer Jan 27, 2021 4:23 pm    Sujet du message: Marcantonj Répondre en citant

Domenico Marcantonj born in Dec 1832 appears in the 1837 parish census with his parents (Grandparents and named) and his siblings.
If you would like a copy of this I can provide one for a donation to our restoration fund. Ref: 2240
Please send me an email : italysearch@gmail.com
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: