Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Joseph Capaldi of Picinisco born ca 1765
Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Rita
Invité

MessagePosté le: Ven Nov 02, 2012 10:37 pm    Sujet du message: Joseph Capaldi of Picinisco born ca 1765 Répondre en citant

Hello all,

I'm Rita Pierar from Holland.
One of my ancestors is Joseph(Guiseppe?) Capaldi, born in Picinisco, Italy, ca 1765, died in Neuchatel Switzerland november 9th 1814, 49 yrs old.

He was married to Marie Louise Dameron. They had at least 3 children, born in Amsterdam:
21-04-1796 Henri
29-10-1801 Maria Barbara
ca 1806- died 28-10-1817: Anselien Gabriel

Henri has offspring in the Netherlands
Maria Barbara is my ggg-grandmother

The Capaldi name transformed into Cabalt.
The familymembers worked as puppeteers and travelling musicians.
For a long time they had a Puppettheatre on the Main Square "De DAM" in Amsterdam,

See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFJnk0hlw0o&feature=related

At the 1.40 minute you can read the name and address. The movie was made before 1935.

Maria Barbara had 3 children (not married) with Maurice Boudou, who was a violinplayer and puppeteer.
The couple travelled in Holland, Belgium and France.

I would like to know more about my Capaldi ancestors of Picinisco.
Can anyone help me?

Kind regards

Rita
Tatanna

MessagePosté le: Dim Nov 04, 2012 7:47 am    Sujet du message: Giuseppe Capaldi Répondre en citant

There is a Giuseppe Capaldi born in 1761, but no other Giuseppe born between 1761 ans 1771.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Michel VACCA

MessagePosté le: Dim Nov 04, 2012 10:41 am    Sujet du message: Joseph CABALT (CAPALDI) Répondre en citant

Hallo Rita,

Excuseer me voor mijn slechte Nederlands.
Een paar weken geleden, was ik in contact met Harry Buisman die was van hetzelfde onderzoek u.
Bovenliggende is met je ?

Ik ook onderzoek naar Joseph Capaldi (Cabalt) maar het is heel moeilijk, er is zeer weinig informatie.

Picinisco ben ik een Giuseppe CAPALDI geboren in 1761. Als het is dit een, heb ik een genealogie tot +/-1500.
Helaas is er geen zekerheid of het goede Joseph.

Ik zocht in Amsterdam, na mijn contact met Harry, maar ik vond niets interessant
Ik heb 2 vragen:

In het certificaat van het huwelijk - 28/09 /1797, het in 25 jaar, hij zou geboren worden ongeveer 1772.
Na de dood certificaat - 09/09 /1814, hij op 49-jarige leeftijd, hij was ongeveer 1765 geboren.
Ik vraag me af of dezelfde persoon! Was Joseph de persoon geboren in Picinisco, stierf in Neuchâtel ?

Er zijn nog steeds in Neuchâtel (Zwitserland) van de CAPALDI geboren in Picinisco, ik ken ze persoonlijk, ik zal zien of ze kunnen krijgen
informatie aan de stad Neuchâtel.

Blijf in contact, het is niet gemakkelijk, maar niets is nog verloren.

Tot gauw.
Michel VACCA
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Rita
Invité

MessagePosté le: Dim Nov 04, 2012 5:46 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Dear Anna and mr Vacca,

Thank you for your replies.

I'm pretty sure that this Josph Capaldi was from Picinisco. I have the extract in my posession. It was needed by his son Hendrik, when he married in 1824.
It says that Joseph was from Picinisco indeed. And that he was a "conducteur des chiens".

Kind regards

Rita
Michel VACCA

MessagePosté le: Dim Nov 04, 2012 6:37 pm    Sujet du message: Joseph CABALT (CAPALDI) Répondre en citant

Rita,

I also have this document, but the problem is that the dates do not match. He should find his exact birth date or the name of his father.

As I wrote; then I own the complete genealogy of the Picinisco CAPALDI.

Michel VACCA
www.picinisco.net
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Rita
Invité

MessagePosté le: Dim Nov 04, 2012 7:41 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Dear Mr Vacca,

As there is no exact birthdate and parents, what about the names he gave his children? In the region I live, it was (and somsetimes still is)custom to give your children the names of their grandparents, uncles and aunts. I think it is a catholic custom. Did you ever thought about this possibility?

Kind regards

Rita
Michel VACCA

MessagePosté le: Dim Nov 04, 2012 8:41 pm    Sujet du message: Joseph CABALT (CAPALDI) Répondre en citant

Actually, I had not thought. Watching tomorrow.

Michel.
Michel VACCA

MessagePosté le: Lun Nov 05, 2012 5:43 pm    Sujet du message: Joseph CAPALDI Répondre en citant

I watched today, I found nothing No concordance with the name of the parents.

Michel VACCA
Rita
Invité

MessagePosté le: Mar Nov 06, 2012 9:41 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Dear mr Vacca,

Thanks for checking this.

The ancestors of mr Joseph Capaldi will stay a mistery to me. Sad

But thank you for your efforts,

Kind regards

Rita
Tatanna

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 07, 2012 5:21 pm    Sujet du message: Giuseppe Capaldi Répondre en citant

Death records are rarely accurate when giving the age of the person. SO the Giuseppe born in 1761 could be yours.
Michel Vacca has done a lot of work on the genealogy of Picinisco families but he does not own it. The records are at the church for anyone to search.
What you need to do is search the records to see if this Giuseppe married or died in Picinisco. Only then will you know he is not YOUR Giuseppe. If he 'disappears' then he could be yours.
I search regularly in Picinisco if you need some professional help.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Rita
Invité

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 07, 2012 6:26 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Dear Ann,

Joseph could have been married in Piscinisco. But he also married in Amsterdam 1792(instead of 1797) at the age of 25!!

so

death 1814 - 49 = 1765
marriage 1792 - 25 = 1767

it still has a gap of ca 5 years.

I also think the clerks in the foreign countries had to believe a person when he said he was 25 years old. (there were no databases in those days Very Happy )

Most simple people even did not know how old they were. so they made a guess.

Maybe some one, who is able to have a look into the registers of Picinisco
to see if the Guiseppe born in 1761, married or died in Picinisco?

If there is, we have to conclude we will not find the origines of Joseph in Picinisco.

Kind regards

Rita
Rita
Invité

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 07, 2012 6:31 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hello again,

The marriage registration also says that the parents of Joseph were both dead in 1792.

Rita
Michel VACCA

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 07, 2012 6:59 pm    Sujet du message: Joseph CAPALDI Répondre en citant

Good evening,

I already have the research to see if he is married or dead in Picinisco. I found nothing.
But that don't mean it's good Giuseppe.

It can be married in a neighbouring village, then the marriage is not populated in Picinisco. It can also be dead elsewhere.

It is true that often there are differences in ages, but in this case, they are important. There is already a difference in age filled in on the Act for the wedding, she is even greater in death.

For my part I not confirm information which are not verified by two different sources minimum.

I'm not saying that this isn't the good Joseph. But there is always a doubt.

Michel VACCA

!
Rita
Invité

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 07, 2012 7:34 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hello mr Vacca,

I support your point of view totally, but we have to search every way we can find in our search for our origines, isn't it?

My first Cabalt or Capaldi ancestor is Maria Barbara, daughter of the mentioned Joseph, He is not that important for me, but it is inetresting for me to have a probably italian ancestor.

Good evening for now

Kind regards

Rita
Rita

MessagePosté le: Dim Oct 23, 2016 12:17 pm    Sujet du message: Giuseppe(Raffaele Giambattista) Capaldi & Angela Faccend Répondre en citant

Hello again,

Yesterday evening I watched the dutch "Verborgen Verleden" or "Hidden Past". It is the Dutch "Who do you think you are".
In this episode a famous(in Holland) singer was searching for his ancestors, and was curious where the artisticy of his family came from.
And guess what, he appeared to be related to me by Giuseppe Capaldi, from Picinisco.

Here is the link to the programma: from 31.32 on it is in English, that's were the singer is heading to Picinisco.

http://www.npo.nl/verborgen-verleden/22-10-2016/VPWON_1243290
(I don't know for how long the link will work)
And there they are revealing Giuseppes parents: Tommaso Capaldi and Angela Faccenda.

Sadly, the programma reveals no more data than the date of baptism of Giuseppe: 28-03-1761 in San Lorenzo Church. Apparetly the couple came from San Gennaro, where they were married.

Are these dates enough to help me we the further relaives of Giuseppe(Raffaele Giambattista) Capaldi?

A very exited Rita form Breda, Holland
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
Page 1 sur 2

Sauter vers: