Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

fAMILY name of DIGESSE
Aller ŕ la page 1, 2  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
chalky

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 22, 2011 12:53 pm    Sujet du message: fAMILY name of DIGESSE Répondre en citant

Hello , just joined this site as I am researching my family tree.My family name is DIGESSE but there are also spellings of DIGESSO .My grandfather was born in Picinsico the 7th child of Antonio DIGesse and Annuziata Malizia ?? ( not sure if this is actually her maiden name)My grandfather is Domenico .He is buried in the cemetary in Villa Latina with his first wife Maria Valente who I beleive was from Atina.
I wondered if there were some way of looking at the records kept by the three churches on my great grandparents of who I have very little information.Antonio DIGesse married Annuziata and had a small farm in Lantica,my father (born in Villa Latina) can remember the old house surrounded by a high wall with iron gates ,only accessible by mule .unfortunatley pssed down to his aunt called Coppola ?I only have verbal records but wanted to know if I can trace where tehy came from ,where tehy were married and when tehy died.Also if my great grandfather had brthers or sisters.I know they had cousins called Lanni ??My granmothers name was Valvona she was from Villa latina ,had a brother who came to the UK and died on teh Arandora Starr.thats all I know .Would really appreciate any information or information on how I can obtain records etc.
Apologies for the lengthy email

Regards
Carlo
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
JCapaldi

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 22, 2011 4:07 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hello,

Thanks to Stuart at www.capaldi-clan.co.uk showing the list from the Andora Star.
Is your great Uncle; Enrico Valvona born 5.09.1885, living in London?

I found the name spelled as - Di Gesso
Malizia is found in Atina, as Copolla and Valvona around the Picinisco area.
Lanni i think might be around Picinisco, but definately Cassino and Sant'elia Fiumerapido.

Try Stuarts site, he has done some great work.

Jamie Capaldi
chalky

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 22, 2011 5:20 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Jamie hello
Thanks for the prompt reply .
Yes my G uncle was Enrico who emmigrated to London ,thanks for that.
Seems to be a lot of Valvona's around so will be tracking that side after I have finished with DIGesse.

BTW I also live in Bristol (Hanham) .I have relatives on my mothers side who lived in what was then known as 'Little Italy and made and sold Ice cream.

I have a feeling my mother knew the Capaldi's (also the Tedesco's)as she talks about a Peter Capaldi.Any relation?

Regards
Carlo
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 22, 2011 6:55 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Carlo

Sorry I can't help with much - but as far as I can see there was only one Valvona who died on the Arandora Star. His name was Enrico Valvona, born 5th September 1885, Villa Latina, and had been living in London when he was taken. Does that sound like it might be your great grandmother's brother?

Marisa
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 22, 2011 6:57 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Oops - just noticed Jamie has already posted about that Embarassed That will teach me to read more first Laughing
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 22, 2011 7:23 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Do you have any dates of birth etc for your grandfather? There was a 'Domenico Digesa' who appears on the 1901 England census aged 27, boarding in the household of a 'Michele Ferretti'. Also in the household are a 'Tomasi Digesa' aged 17, and a 'Tomaso Malizio', aged 17. The household was in Leicestershire
chalky

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 22, 2011 9:34 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Marisa hi
Thanks for your input I managed to view the census and found both my great uncles .They later had their own ice cream shop in Leicester.
Yes Enrico Valvona was my great uncle, need to find out what his parents were called as the name Valvona appears to be popular in Picinisco.

However I am more interested in my Great grand parents DIGESSO or DIGESSE (parents of domico and Tomasi) who lived in the picinisco / Villa Latina area and never moved .I do not know where or when they were born ,married or buried also if they had any other brothers or sisters so any help in this area would be invaluable,
Thanks again
Regards
carlo
JCapaldi

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 22, 2011 10:07 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

chalky a écrit:
Jamie hello
Thanks for the prompt reply .
Yes my G uncle was Enrico who emmigrated to London ,thanks for that.
Seems to be a lot of Valvona's around so will be tracking that side after I have finished with DIGesse.

BTW I also live in Bristol (Hanham) .I have relatives on my mothers side who lived in what was then known as 'Little Italy and made and sold Ice cream.

I have a feeling my mother knew the Capaldi's (also the Tedesco's)as she talks about a Peter Capaldi.Any relation?

Regards
Carlo

Hello Carlo,

Yes, Peter is my Grandfathers cousin. His Father was Giovanni Capaldi who married Maria Arpino. Giovanii's Mother was Maria Giuseppa Tedesco and his Father was Giuseppe Capaldi. They also lived in the little Italy part of Bristol, St James.
Peter's Dad and Grandfather was a street Musician in the early 1900's.

Can i ask what name on your Mothers side was living in Bristol?

Jamie Capaldi
chalky

MessagePosté le: Mer Fév 23, 2011 7:19 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Peter

My mothers maiden name was Diorazio.
Her grandfathers name was Luigi Policella,he was born in Atina and married my great grandmother on my fatehrs side ,Maria DIGessa from Picinisco)
He had a shop in Marlborough street near the Deighton street end , where he made and sold icecream , going through the streets with a handcart.

Regards
carlo
JCapaldi

MessagePosté le: Mer Fév 23, 2011 7:54 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hello Carlo,

Was your mum's Parents, Ernesto D'Orazio and Yolanda Policella?

Filomena Tedesco, who married Constantino D'Orazio in 1929, Bristol. Filomena was my GGrandfathers cousin. (my gggrandmothers, sisters daughter) Filomena was born 2 months after my Ggranfather just around the corner from where they were living in Edinburgh.

There was a Carmine & Antonio Policella Born in Bristol, who i'm sure my GGGrand Uncle and Aunt were their Godparents!

Was Luigi Policella Born around 1873?

Jamie
chalky

MessagePosté le: Mer Fév 23, 2011 9:10 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Jamie
Yes they are my maternal grandparents.My maternal G uncle (Uncle Chris) married a Filomena and has a son Tony.

As far as my mother knows my G grandfather Luigi only had a sister so I do not know of any other Policella's in the UK !!!

If you have any info on this I would much appreciate you sending it through if possible .
Regards
Carlo
chalky

MessagePosté le: Mer Fév 23, 2011 9:24 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Jamie
Just spoke to my Mum who said that when her father Ernesto first came to Bristol he stayed with the Tedesco;s in Charles street because his brother Chris (Constantino) was staying with his wife's Filomena's parents.

Luigi was born in Atina inn around 1884
JCapaldi

MessagePosté le: Jeu Fév 24, 2011 8:19 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hello Carlo,

Charles Street! Your Mum might know of the Arpino and Ricci Family then, as they also lodged there with my Tedesco Family!

I will have a look at some records and let you know.
Jamie
JCapaldi

MessagePosté le: Dim Fév 27, 2011 9:35 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hello Carlo,

Carmine Policella was Born in Bristol, 19th June 1892. His Father was Luigi Policelli and Mother Maria Carolina Gravi or Pravi?? (in italian, means serious or Depraved?) His Godparents were Giovanni Capaldi and Pasquarosa Capaldi (my GGgrandfathers brother and wife).

Luigi and Carolina also had Antonio and Matilda in Bristol.

I think they then moved to Cornwall?
I also believe there were a few Brothers of Luigi?

Any thoughts?

Jamie Capaldi
chalky

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mar 03, 2011 12:28 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Jamie

My Mum knew the Ricci's ,did they have a grocers shop bottom of montague street where they sold ice cream .

Concerning your self , my mum knows a Capladi whos grand parents were Carmine and Lizzi Capaldi who lived in Montague street ,r u related ??

My MUM knows nothing of these Policella's??
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Aller ŕ la page 1, 2  Suivante
Page 1 sur 2

Sauter vers: