Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Marcantonio family
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
graeme2905

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 11, 2011 9:54 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I checked out the death record for Anna Rosa. It was our Anna. Living at 66 little patrick street, informant was son John who was present at death. She died of apoplexy and partial herniplegy?? - is there a doctor in the house??! She was widow to a farmer. At least we know now that this was the earliest generation to Ireland (to date)
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 11, 2011 10:32 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Excellent folks - we WILL get to the bottom of this!!

Apoplexy and partial hemiplegia means that she had a stroke and was partly paralysed. Hmm - I wonder if her husband was in Ireland. It would be unusual for a woman to come across on her own, unless she was widowed early and came over with a son.

A pair of eyes on the record to see if it says Maria or Flavia will be very helpful - although if it was a verbal submission that someone else then wrote don, we may end up none-the-wiser.

On Ancestry there is a tree by a Brendan Marken who seems to have researched some of the Marcantonio decendants in Ireland. It isn't 100% accurate with the older generations, but i must try and make contact with him, although he doesn't seem to have been active for a long time.

Coffee with the girls time again Very Happy Back later

Marisa xx
graeme2905

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 11, 2011 10:57 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I tried contacting Brendan through ancestry and genesreunited but haven't had a reply. There is one other way. If Michel had details of raffaele and his family it might help particluarly if his mother was Flavia rather than Maria!
sarabruce

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 11, 2011 12:27 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hello
While we're waiting for confirmation on some other parts of the line it would be good to know what you think of this. There is a Sarah Melville of the right age living in Galashiels, Selkirkshire in the 1861 Scotland census. She could be the Sarah Melville who married Louis Basigalupo. She was born in England and this could explain the inconsistency between her birth place in the 1871 census (given as Manchester), and her birthplace on Luigi Marcantoni and Rosie's marriage certificate (given as Scotland). Also Louis Bassey( formerly Bacigalupo) is in Galashiels with his two young sons Louis and Anthony in the 1881 census - so he may have gone back there after Sarah died to be near her family? Or maybe he actually came from there himself and that is where they met before moving to Liverpool.

However -maybe not. In the 1851 England census Sarah Melville same father and siblings as in 1861 Scotland census (but different mother - I think her mother died and her father remarried) is living in England -but was born in Shoreditch not Manchester.
Could it be the right Sarah? I can't find any others -what do you think?
graeme2905

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 11, 2011 5:07 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

One point jumps out. Sarah's marriage cert doesn't say she was born in Scotland. All it says is that her family were from Scotland. That could simply mean living there. Chances are you have the right one.
On another point St Patricks will direct your friend to either UHF or PRONI. Proni are closed until the end of the month due to relocation. I contacted UHF who are going to look into the Maria/Flavia issue. We'll see what comes back. Might save your friend a journey or two if you're in contact!
graeme2905

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 14, 2011 12:35 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I see nobody spotted the deliberate mistake in my last post Laughing I was of course talking about Rosi's marrige cert not Sarah's.
Anyway, some not so good news. Ulster Historical Foundation have just got back to me. They have reviewed the copy of the original marriage entry and I'm afraid they say that the mother's name is quite clearly Maria Crying or Very sad
sarabruce

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 14, 2011 9:28 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Thanks Graeme -what a shame! I guess that means Luigi senior was not from Picinisco after all...
graeme2905

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 14, 2011 10:40 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Possibly not. Another option might be his mother was Maria Flavia or Flavia Maria. The final option is to look at Raffaele's immediate family in the final hope if finding a link!
graeme2905

MessagePosté le: Jeu Aoû 04, 2011 1:03 pm    Sujet du message: Marcantonio/Morelli Répondre en citant

Hi Marissa,
I hope your still following this thread. I was looking back through it and noticed you had information on Morelli's. Would you have the following in your records:
1. Angelo MORELLI m Antonio
2. Angelo and Antonio's son Giovanni MORELLI (c1864) m Maria Gracia MARCANTONI
3. Giovanni and Maria's Daughter was Angelina MORELLI (c (1888)

Regards
Graeme
Marcantonio_Halpin

MessagePosté le: Ven Mai 20, 2016 11:33 pm    Sujet du message: Marcantonio/Marcantoni_ I would love to hear back from you Répondre en citant

My Name is Gerard Halpin. Son of Lena (Philomena) Marcantonio and Noel Halpin.
Louis or Louigi my Grandfather's died in 1935 when my mother was 4. She is still alive as is her Brother Brendan. They are the last of 9 children of Louis and Mary Slater.
Anthony Marcantonio died in February 1918 aged 21 in the Regimental Hospital of the Royal Highlanders (Blackwatch) after been shipped home from the front. He is listed as dying of "madness" or more correctly Shell-shocked. He is on the roll of honour in Edinburgh Castle and listed in the Commonwealth War Graves Site. He s the only Marcantonio death of Ww1. Listed as son of Louigi of 8 Whitefriars Street Dublin.
I would love to hear from you about this as we are all curious about our Italian blood.
By the way Louigi, Louis, Anthony and a sister appeared on Census I think 1898 and 1911. No Rosa
Gerard
Louise

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 07, 2018 9:23 am    Sujet du message: Marken- Marcontoni Dublin side. Répondre en citant

Hi there, I am reading all these threads and hope i can join in if its not too late?!

Armed with only knowing the village name is Picinisco and that our name was originally Marcontoni i finally set off to visit last year by myself.
And loved it!! I happened to visit on the eve of the Millenium 30 september and it also coincided with a mushroom festival. For me it was magical. It was not so easy to find any exact links as I did not have much info myself but I am planning to return as soon as I can (plus want/need to learn Italian!)

My father is Peter Marken 91 years old and living in Dublin, his father was James Marken, son of Pietro Antonio who married Esther Sykes (they thought it was Sex).
Pietro Antonio was son of Raffaele Marcontoni and Anna Rosa Marcontonio.
I believe Pietro, Giovanni, Pamelo (dont know exactly who that is) left Picinisco and went to Belfast and married.
Then Pietro's first wife died and he married again to Katherine Bryce and stayed in Belfast. His first wifes children were sent to live with her sisters in Dublin.They mostly were butchers as were my father and his brothers.
The Belfast side had an ice cream shop on Castle street, Belfast.
If anyone has anything to add, I am eager to hear.
As I said, I know I am not adding any answers myself, just some filling in of the whole Marcontoni Marcontonio story!
Ciao Ciao x
hayley27

MessagePosté le: Ven Aoû 13, 2021 8:52 am    Sujet du message: LUIGI MARCANTONIO + ROSINA BACIGALUPO Répondre en citant

Hi all! I'm so excited to find this thread. My ggg grandfather is Luigi Marcantonio born in Picinisco in 1853 to Francesco Antonio Marcantonio (1821) and Maria Flavia Riozzi (1823). Luigi emigrated to the UK in 1870 and was married to Rosina Bacigalupo in St Patrick's Church, Belfast in 1878. They lived in Belfast until 1889 and then moved to Dublin.

Rosina Bacigalupo was actually born in Manchester in 1863, her father Luigi Bacigalupo was from Genoa, born in 1839. Rosina's family were in Liverpool and Manchester when she and her siblings were born, then Rosina's father Luigi, moved to Scotland in 1881 and changed his name to Louis Bassy. His children were Anthony, Joseph, Mary J, Catherine, Sarah Ann and Rosina.

Luigi and Rosina had A LOT of children, half of them born in Belfast and half in Dublin. The details for their children are below:

1. Sarah Ann Marcantonio 27/09/1879 in Belfast - married Olinto Pacini, children Sebastian, Lucy and Lena Pacini.

2. Francis Marcantonio (my gg grandfather). Born 29/03/1881 in Belfast - married Susanne Shiels, children Joseph, Rosina ( my great grandmother), Francis, James, Louis Marcantonio.

3. Maria Philomena Marcantonio. 09/12/1882 in Belfast, died 30/06/1899 in Dublin of pnuemonia at 16 years old.

4. Maria Josephine Marcantonio. Born in 21/05/1884, Belfast. Married Charles Lyons in 1904 in Dublin.

5. Maria Marcantonio, born 07/09/1889 in Belfast. Spouse, children unknown.

6. Rosina Marcantonio. Born August 1892. Died 28/06/1893 Dublin.

7. Maria Teresa Philonmena Marcantonio. Born 1893. Catholic confirmation in Kilmactigue, Sligo Ireland. Parents registered as Louie Marcantonio and Rosanna Bassi. Spouse, children and death unknown.

8. Louis D Marcantonio. Born Sep 1894 in Dublin. Spouse and children unknown.

9. Anthony Marcantonio. Born Dec 1896 Dublin. Died 04/02/1918, Paisley Scotland. Solider in Black Watch (Royal Highlanders) 2nd/7th Battalion.

10. Kathleen Marcantonio . Born abt 1896 in Dublin. Married Mark Dwyer in 1920 Dublin.

11. Catherine Benedicta Marcantonio. Born 1st August 1898 Dublin. Spouse, children and death unknown.

These are all of the known children I have for Luigi Marcantonio and Rosina Bacigalupo. I have the birth certificates from most of them and Census information, if anyone is interested please message or email and I will send you all the info I have. I noticed someone posted of another child with the name Savero or something similar but I have no record for this. I'd be interested to know more so I can them to my tree.

I'm particularly interested in finding any remaining family from Dublin or Glasgow/Ediburugh. The line I'm interested in finding is from Luigi's son Francis (my gg grandfather). His daughter was Rosina Marcantonio (my great grandmother) and her brothers were Jospeph, Frank and Louis. They were all from Dublin and Rosina used to go back to Dublin to visit her brothers, especially Joe. Rosina's brother Frank has a daughter called Lena, I actually have a picture of Lena from when she was a child. I believe someone on this thread said they were a child/grandchild of Lena. Please contact me and I'll send you the photo.
Lastly, I've made a family facebook group for the Marcantonios, it currently has my family from England and some of my Irish family from Dublin (Francis Marcantonio's grandchildren). We share old photos and memories of our ancestors. If anyone linked to Luigi Marcantonio would like to join, please send me a message and I'll invite you to the group.

I hope this info helped someone of you to fill in the gaps in your family tree.
I can't wait to hear from you all about how you are linked to my family Smile
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 sur 7

Sauter vers: