Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Marcantonio family
Aller ŕ la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2011 9:43 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I've never actually pulled a naturalisation record - so I'm not sure what they contain. Might be worth further investigation. This is probably a better page to stsrt on at the National Archive http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/records/looking-for-person/?source=404 There is a link to the maturalisation records search near the bottom of the page
graeme2905

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2011 10:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ok. Gonna lay a small wager. I'll bet a pint that luigi's father Francesco is Raffaele's brother. I've asked Michel on the other thread if he has details of Francesco's siblings. All other things considered I think the Luigi he has found is the right one - parents names are right, dob is right, he wasn't married in Picinisco and had no kids in Picinisco.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
sarabruce

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2011 10:47 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Just wondering about Luigi Marcantonio's parents. We believe that they were Francis (or Francesco) and Maria - based on the information from Luigi and Rosiana's marriage certificate. However, looking at Michel's post on the other thread, and given that we don't have the actual marriage certificate is it possible that his mother is actually Flavia and there has been a transcription error?
How could we get hold of the marraige certificate?
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2011 10:57 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ahhhh - I'm liking both of these ideas!

I'm always up for a pint! I think its a strong possibility that Raffaele may be a brother.

Also - if you think how Flavia would look written down, it would be very similar to Maria - especially as its an unusual name, and perhaps not familiar to whoever was transcribing it.

The certificate would need to be ordered I think. As it is pre 1922 it would probably have to come from Dublin. I may have that wrong as I'm not 'up' on Irish certificates. Any ideas.

We are tantalisingly close Cool
graeme2905

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2011 11:01 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Unless I'm misreading Michel's post he says that Maria = Flavia i.e Flavia is the equivalent? The information I got comes from the church record, which often contains additional footnotes, which came from the Irish Family History Foundation. These are prone to transcription errors on occasions (check out the variations of Bassigalupo).
graeme2905

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2011 11:04 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

As the marriage wad in Belfast it can be ordered from GRONI for Ł14. But I still think Michel was saying Maria and Flavia are the same.
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2011 11:05 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hmm - I don't think its an equivalent - I think Michel was just questioning it. But if you think how it looks in old Victorian handwriting - it would be very, very easly to transcribe Flavia as Maria. he F and the L would run together to look like an M and the small v is just how the Victorians would write an r in the middle of a word.
sarabruce

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2011 11:05 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The way I read Michel's post was that in order for these to be the right people then Flavia would have to be the mother's name. If the name was definitely Maria then these aren't the correct parents.
If you can tell me how to get hold of the marriage certificate I'd be happy to do the necessary.
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2011 11:08 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I also seem to recall on the census info it said that Louis couldn't read or write. If that was the case he may have given the info on his parents names verbally, so there would potentially be another layer of confusion.
graeme2905

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2011 11:18 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Maybe you're right. And yes, the two are very close.
Www.groni.gov.uk is the website. Address at time of marriage was 90 little patrick street. Date 5/11/1878. District is Belfast and church is St Patricks.
graeme2905

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2011 11:24 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Word of warning before anyone orders. I have yet to see a NI marriage cert with the mothers details. The only reason I think it was on the record I have is because it's a church marriage record which often contains additional info.
sarabruce

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2011 11:29 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

OK, I've ordered it -I'll let you know as soon as I get it which I guess might be a little while (as I live in Australia). Fingers crossed!
Sara
sarabruce

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2011 11:31 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Too late -our posts crossed. Anyway, my curiosity would have got the better of me even with your warning! Thanks anyway
sara
graeme2905

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mar 10, 2011 12:03 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Did a bit of digging for St Patricks Church (donegall st, Belfast if you want to check out photos). Registers are in bad shape so they don't do research. Apparently the copies that PRONI and IFHF have are facsimilie copies - I assume they mean some sort of scanned copy which is bound to cause some problems for transcriptions. I can't see how we can bottom this out without seeing an actual copy (unless the cert shows something)
sarabruce

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 11, 2011 12:59 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi
Although we seem to have come to a bit of a dead end on the Luigi Marcantonio line, we may yet have hope. My friend (the one who I started doing all this research for in the first place) left for Ireland last night (for other reasons than family history!). But while he is there he is hoping to go to St Patricks in Belfast and have a look at the 1878 marriage record to see if its Maria or Flavia. So I'll keep you posted.

Sara
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Aller ŕ la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Suivante
Page 6 sur 7

Sauter vers: