Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Marcantonio family
Aller ŕ la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
sarabruce

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2011 12:36 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Marisa and Graeme
I can't keep up with you! I think the Louis Marcantons could very well be Louis senior minus Rosiana. On Louis junior's marriage certificate to Mary Slater (9 Oct 1918 in Dublin) his father is listed as a widower, so Rosiana definitely dead by 1918.
Sara

Derničre édition par sarabruce le Mer Mar 09, 2011 1:48 am; édité 1 fois
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
sarabruce

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2011 12:40 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Yes -definitely them! Marriage certificate says Louis Marcantonio living at 8 Whitefriars Street. So Rosiana died before 1911.
sarabruce

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2011 1:47 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi
The 1911 census shows that Louis Marcantons (looks like Marcantoni to me -transcription error) was born in Italy around 1853, as he is 58 in 1911. Could this be the Picinisco link?

Rosiana must have died between 1899 when Louis Jnr was born and 1911.

I agree with Graeme there must have been other children as there are a couple of large gaps between births. They obviously moved around a bit between Belfast, Scotland and Dublin, so its going to be difficult to be certain all the pieces have been found.

Just to recap , this is what I think we have for this 'side' of the family:

Francis and Maria Marcantonio, both born Italy are the furthest back we have gone so far.

Their son Luigi or Louis was born in Italy around 1853. He married Rosiana (or Rose Anna?) Bacigalupo on 5 Nov 1878 in Belfast.

Their children (that we know about) are:
Sarah Ann Marcantonio baptised 25 Sept 1879 in Belfast
Saverio Marcantonio born 27/4/1886 in Glasgow; died 7/6/1887 Glasgow
Maria Marcantonio baptised 8/9/1889 in Belfast
Kathleen Marcantonio born abt 1896 in Dublin
Anthony Marcantonio born abt 1897 Glasgow; died 4/2/1918 Paisley, Scotland
Louis Marcantonio (jnr) born abt 1899-not sure where; died 7/3/1935 in Dublin

Louis junior married Mary Slater on 9 Oct 1918 in Dublin. They had a daughter Philomena born abt 1930. They most likley had other children but I don't know at this stage.

On the Bacigalupo side:

Rosiana Bacigalupo was born in Shrewsbury, Shropshire around 1863, and died somewhere between 1899 and 1911. She married Louis Marcantonio senior in Belfast in 1878 (she would have been 15 and him 25)

Her parents were Louis Bacigalupo born abt 1839 in Genoa, Italy and died 19/3/1922 in Edinburgh; and Sarah Anne (Melville?) born abt 1845 in either Scotland or Manchester and died before 1881. Louis was naturalised British sometime between 1881 and 1891.

Her family also moved around a bit as Rosiana's siblings were:
Sarah A born abt 1861 in Pembroke, Wales
Catherine born abt 1865 in Cheshire England
Mary J born abt 1868 in Manchester
Joseph born abt 1869 in Manchester
Louis born abt 1870 in Liverpool
Anthony born 1873 in Liverpool

Louis senior's parents were Antonio Bassi(Bacigalupo) and Benedicta Cobini

Phew! Hope I've got that right. Does it provide any further clues?

Sara
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2011 4:26 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Excellent synopsis! Now we just need a wee bit of luck...
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2011 6:02 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Michel has come upp with a possibility but it just doesn't look quite right. Its on the 'Help please Michel' thread. What do you think folks? I think we might need to try and find Luigi's naturalisation records, although I am struggling to locate them.

Graeme, can you check the outline decendant chart I have put on that thread for Michel. Does it look ok to you?

Thanks

Marisa xx
graeme2905

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2011 8:36 pm    Sujet du message: Marcantonio Répondre en citant

Marisa, that descendant tree is spot on.
Given Michel's info it pretty much rules out Luigi being a sibling that is assuming Luigi was indeed from Picinisco!! The only thing I can think of is going back up that line - who were Francesco's siblings?
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2011 8:38 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

It might be of no significance at all, but on the 1911 census Louis Marcantoni is living next door to the family of a Marino Pacini and his wife Angelina who is twenty. Its a very long shot but I'm wondering if she may be another daughter. Worth considering...
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2011 8:45 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Francesco's parents were Giuseppe Marcantonio and Faustina Policelli. They had

Gaetano Fortunato Marcantoni, 24 Dec 1803 (my g g g g grandfather)
Francesca Romana Germana Marcantonio, 5 Oct 1805
Maria Giuseppa Marcantoni, 14 Aug 1801
Francesco Giovanni Antonio Marcantonio, 2 Dec 1799.

I've been through their kids with a fine toothed comb, but no-one fits. I'm wondering about the family of Raffaele Marcantoni (Anna Rosa's husband). I don't know anything about his family at all.
graeme2905

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2011 8:45 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Marisa, can you access naturalisation records online? There was an Angelina Luparia naturalised in 1942 from Belfast - if it's my angelina it could tie down the Morelli line.
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2011 8:47 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

You can usually see the indexed entry at the National Archive website in London. Also the London/Edinburgh/Belfast Gazette Archive which are available online often published lists of naturalisations, but I haven't been able to find them Rolling Eyes

Once you have found them you have to request them as many have a closure on them.

Derničre édition par Marisa le Mer Mar 09, 2011 8:51 pm; édité 1 fois
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2011 8:50 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/search/quick_search.aspx National Archives search page.

National Archives of Scotland - http://www.nas.gov.uk/onlineCatalogue/

Portal page for Gazettes
- http://www.gazettes-online.co.uk/
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2011 8:54 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

*Luparia, Angelina; Italy; Ice-cream Vendor; 43,
Springfield Avenue, Belfast, Northern- Ireland.
13 May, 1942.

From London Gazette 19 June 1942 - naturalisations
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2011 8:56 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The Gazettes also recorded and published changes of name which can be interesting to, although most name changes in the Italian community were 'organic' rather than contrived - lol
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2011 9:02 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

This is a great website if you have a 'notorious' ancestor, or one who got into the newspapers for something. Its the British Library Newspaper Archive. Hours of fun to be had here

http://newspapers.bl.uk/blcs/

ps - in fact I can already see something about a 'Lauri Bassi' here Births, Deaths, Marriages and Obituaries Freeman's Journal and Daily Commercial Advertiser (Dublin, Ireland), Monday, November 1, 1858; Issue N/A. (1519 words)
graeme2905

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2011 9:11 pm    Sujet du message: Marcantonio Répondre en citant

Yep that's her. I'm just wondering what the records contain? Is there any point in trying to track them down to get family information?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Aller ŕ la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Suivante
Page 5 sur 7

Sauter vers: