Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Marcantonio family
Aller ŕ la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
sarabruce

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 07, 2011 9:40 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

One problem with the 1871 census for Louis and Sarah A Bacigalupe is that Sarah is born in Manchester, Lancashire not Scotland. So if Graeme's marriage record is correct this can't be them?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
graeme2905

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 07, 2011 10:04 pm    Sujet du message: Marcantonio Répondre en citant

I'd be fairly certain it is them despite this. I would suggest that living in Scotland would justify the note on the marriage lines.
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 07, 2011 10:04 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Sara

I wouldn't be too concerned by that. I have come across many census entries in my time where a persons place of birth has varied every ten years Laughing I would put a substantial amount of money on them being the right family. There is also the possibility that she gave her place of birth as Lancashire, and the enumerator thought she said Lanarkshire - which was the area that Glasgow was in in Scotland.
sarabruce

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 07, 2011 10:49 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I think you're both right - it is very probably them. I've also just looked at Louis Bassy's death certificate and I think he was 78 -which would tie in reasonably closely with him being born about 1839 in the 1871 census.
sarabruce

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 08, 2011 7:34 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Marisa

This is a bit of a shot in the dark but is there any chance that Francesco Giovanni Antonio Marcantonio (born 02 Dec 1799)and Maria Margiotta -married on 20 Jun 1820 in Picinisco (this info from one of your other posts) -could be Luigi Marcantonio senior's parents (Francis and Maria)? I don't think the dates look right but thought you might know?

Sara
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 08, 2011 9:15 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Sara

Its something that had certainly occurred to both Graeme and I. Its not impossible, but I have a list of their known children, and there isn't a Luigi amongst them (including middle names) - unless Luigi wasn't born to them in Picinisco, but in Scotland or England or Ireland etc, then his birth might not be listed and Michel perhaps wouldn't have known about it.

It is also possible he is related through Raffaele Marcantoni. I know nothing about his bit of the family. We might need to send a plea to Michel to see if he knows anything Confused

Marisa xx
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 08, 2011 9:42 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hmm - ok we need a rough date of birth for Luigi Marcantonio. Did it give his age on his marriage certificate to Rosa Bassi? Has anyone managed to locate the elusive Luigi on a census? We can take a rough guess that he was probably born in the early to mid 1850s, but a more precise date would be good so that we can ask Michel to look through his records.
graeme2905

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 08, 2011 10:21 am    Sujet du message: Marcantonio Répondre en citant

Negative on both counts.
I don't have the actual marriage certificate but the marriage record from Irish Family History Foundation has no age. Northern Irelad marriage certs tend to only have "Full Age" recorded rather than the actual age. This indicates they are over 21 but also lead to people lying about their age in order to get married. The marriage record I have doesnt even state this however!
The earliest available census for Ireland is 1901 and I cant find him there. It is entirley possibly that he was dead or had emigrated by this stage.
Given that the last known child of Francesco and Maria was born in Oct 1843 and the fact he was married in 1878 it would be reasonable to assume we are looking for a birth between 1844 and 1857?
graeme2905

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 08, 2011 10:44 am    Sujet du message: Marcantonio Répondre en citant

Just found 3 or four families of Bassi's in Dublin in 1901 census which might be of interest to you, Sara and Marisa.
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/search/
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh - I'm having fun with that website!!! Thanks so much for posting that link!! I'm as happy as a piggie in poo Laughing Its not often I come across a new website that I find family on. Do you know of any other websites for Irish ancestry? Have you noticed your Giovanni and Maria Morelli listed as John and Mary Morrell on the 1901 census? No dinner will be made tonight. This is far too much fun...

Marisa Mr. Green
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 08, 2011 3:59 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

There is a 'Louis Marcantons' on the 1911 census living with daughters Mary and Kathleen. The Mary is precisely the right age to be Maria bap 8/9/1899 that you posted about earlier. It gives Louis' age as 58 - which would give a ball park date of birth of 1853.

Any ideas folks?

ps - Louis is a widower
pps - Kathleen would have been born around 1896
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 08, 2011 4:04 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Marcantons Louis 58 Male Head of Family Roman Catholic Italy General Labourer Cannot read - Widower - - - -
Marcantons Mary 21 Female Daughter R C Belfast - Read and write - Single - - - -
Marcantons Kathleen 15 Female Daughter R C City Dublin Scholar Read and write - Single
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 08, 2011 4:22 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

And again on the 1911 - Giovanni Marcantonio has turned into John Markey

Markey John 47 Male Head of Family Protestant Episcopalian Italy Shop Keeper Refreshment Read and write - Married - - - -
Markey Elizabeth 37 Female Wife Protestant Episcopalian England - Read and write - Married - 17 6 4
Markey Robert James 15 Male Son Protestant Episcopalian Belfast Scholar Read and write - Single - - - -
Markey John 12 Male Son Protestant Episcopalian Belfast Scholar Read and write - Single - - - -
Markey Elizabeth 9 Female Daughter Protestant Episcopalian Belfast Scholar Cannot read - Single - - - -
Markey Margaret 6 Female Daughter Protestant Episcopalian Belfast - Cannot read - Single
graeme2905

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 08, 2011 8:29 pm    Sujet du message: Marcantonio Répondre en citant

My money is on that being louis minus rosiana. Given the gap between the daughters I would say there are a couple more birth records around somewhere.
Unfortunately the Irish websites are quite expensive. The two main ones would be www.emeraldancestors.com which is Ł9.99 per month plus Ł12 for each look-up. Www.brsgenealogy.com is the Irish Family History Foundation website. Searches are free but it costs Ł5 to view a record. Unless your certain of the record searching possibilities and long shots is expensive. Neither website is complete and records available in Groni are sometimes not listed on either or both.
I contacted your uncle Laurence and did a few other searches. Anna Rosa's father had a brother Gaetano Fortunato which is your line. Gaetano had a son called Giacinta 1843. Another son Nunziato had a son called Luigi 1871. Neither date would fit our tree but it's the closest we've come to a name link!
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 08, 2011 8:42 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Brilliant - thanks for those!

Yes - Francesco's father Giuseppe is our nearest common ancestor. Has Uncle Laurence sent you the gedcom, or shown you the tree on Genes reunited? If you tell me your line I will work out how we are related Very Happy

Now I owe you a big thank you - in fact I'm sending you a big cyber hug through the computer! Your census site may have just solved a mystery that has been puzzling me for over twenty years Shocked I think I have just found my most elusive ancestor on there. I just need one birth or marriage certificate to prove its him. Then I will be on cloud nine!! Half my lifetime I have been searching for this guy, and there he is. No housework has been done at all today Twisted Evil
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Aller ŕ la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Suivante
Page 4 sur 7

Sauter vers: