Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Marcantonio family
Aller ŕ la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 04, 2011 11:23 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Looks like 'Louis Bassy' died in Scotland in 1922 aged 78.
graeme2905

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 06, 2011 12:27 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I've just located Giovanni and pietro's families. Giovanni became John Mark while Pietro became Peter Marken. I've also seen a case of Marcantonio becoming Tony. Any possibility of Francesco or Luigi Marcantonio having taken these names in Scotland?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Stuart Capaldi

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 06, 2011 4:56 pm    Sujet du message: Bacigalupo Répondre en citant

Graeme & Marisa

Unable to assist on details however I have met Johnny Bacigalupo who is a well known rugby referee and instructor.

He confirmed that his family came from Genoa and is derived from "kisses/embraces the wolf" He said it was from an area where Frances of Assissi the patron saint of animals was popular.
sarabruce

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 06, 2011 11:06 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Marisa and Graeme
You guys have certinly been busy. Unfortunately I can't add much at this stage. I can tell you that Louis Marcantonio junior died in Dublin in 1935 and that the death certificate doesn't list his parents. My friend has requested the marriage certificate of Louis and Mary Slater/Slatter so that might provide some clues -I've suggested he join this forum so hopefully he'll be able to fill us in a bit more soon.
Cheers Sara
sarabruce

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 06, 2011 11:49 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Graeme
Do you have Luigi and Ros/iana's marriage certificate? Does it indicate how old they were when they married?
I have just found a Louis (born Genoa, Italy) and Sarah A Bacigalupe in the 1871 census living in Liverpool. They have an 8 year old daughter -transcribed as Roy but could easily be Rosie A). Any chance this could be them?

Sara
graeme2905

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 07, 2011 10:09 am    Sujet du message: Marcantonio Répondre en citant

Hi Sara,
I'll need to check the entry tonight but if my memory serves me well I would say that's them particularly given Stuart's post. Still no further on to establishing Louis Marcantonio's link with my Marcantonio's (if there even is link!).

G
graeme2905

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 07, 2011 2:05 pm    Sujet du message: Marcantonio Répondre en citant

Hi Sara, just checking back on my previous posts I see I posted that Rosi's parents were indeed Louis and Sarah Anne. The marriage line states that louis was from Italy and Rosiana's from Scotland. If Sarah's birth place on the census is Scotland I think that would confirm it beyond reasonable doubt.

G
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 07, 2011 2:34 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I'm looking at the original image from the 1871 census right now on Ancestry. Its definitely them. Very Happy You are right - its a transcription error. It says 'Rose', not Roy and her age is in the 'female' column. It also says 'dau' in the 'relation to head of household' box.
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 07, 2011 2:50 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The dates and places on that census along with the name of one of the children ties in neatly with the Louis Bassy on the later Scottish censuses. Pulling Louis Bassy's death cert might well give the names of his parents Very Happy
graeme2905

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 07, 2011 3:08 pm    Sujet du message: Marcantonio Répondre en citant

Marisa, Sara,
Another gem for you. Louis and Rosiana had another child in Belfast. Sarah Ann Marcantoni was baptised in St Patrick's on the 25 Sep 1879. Interestingly he was listed as Linas Marcantoni and she was Rossinna Bascollop - who was paid to write these things down??!!!

G
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 07, 2011 3:10 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

OK - the temptation is proving too much. I have dug out the death cert myself. Louis Bassy died 19 March 1922 in Morningside, Edinburgh. He was predeceased by his wife, Sarah Melville (I think thats what it says!). He was either 90 or 98 years old - its a bit difficlut to read. His usual residence was in Kilsyth - which ties with the censuses. Father was Antonio Bassi, dec, and mother Benedicta 'Cobini' also dec. Unsurprisingly at that age he died of 'senile decay' - which in the language of those days means 'old age'! Witness was an Anthony Basy

Edit - it may also say 78 years. Difficult to read Shocked

Derničre édition par Marisa le Lun Mar 07, 2011 3:14 pm; édité 2 fois
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 07, 2011 3:11 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ahhhh - Sarah Anne Marcantoni! I bet she was the second daughter? Usually the second daughter would have been named for the mother's mother
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 07, 2011 4:05 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Has anyone noticed the tantalising death of an Anna Rosa Marcantonio on Family Search? It was in 1895 in Belfast and her estimated year of birth was 1836. That would be about 8 years out for our Anna Rosa, but as we know, there are often mistakes. Hmm. I wonder if it could be 'our' Anna Rosa. If so they would have been in Ireland a generation earlier than we thought. Can anyone get access to that certificate?
graeme2905

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 07, 2011 7:14 pm    Sujet du message: Marcantonio Répondre en citant

Marisa,
interesting spot indeed. Can you clarify when you say 'our anna rosa' do you mean Rosi Baggi or Anna Rosa who married Raffaele Marcantonio as I would favour the latter?
G
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 07, 2011 7:18 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Yep - I'm with you on the latter - Anna Rosa Marcantonio married to Raffaele. Interesting possibility! Wink
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Aller ŕ la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Suivante
Page 3 sur 7

Sauter vers: