Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Marcantonio family
Aller ŕ la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 04, 2011 3:08 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I think the surname you are looking for for Rosina/Rose Anne - if she is the same person - is "Bacigalupo", which is an unusal name found mostly in Liguria. There are only 8 births of Bacigalupos registered at Scotlands people, and none of them start with R. There are 4 male and 2 female marriages under that name, and 2 deaths.
graeme2905

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 04, 2011 4:15 pm    Sujet du message: Maracantonio Répondre en citant

Marisa,
Affirmative on the marriage date for Luigi and Rosianna.
No maiden name listed for Giovanni Morelli's mother, just Antonio.
Giovanni Morelli is listed as 25 on his marriage cert. In the 1901 Census he is 35 and in 1911 he is 47!. So ballpark would be 1864.

Regards
Graeme
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 04, 2011 5:45 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Wretched thing is staring right at me - I may have part of this family indexed under Marcantoni.

Um - see how this fits. It might be wrong as I'm rushing as usual.

Family of Raffaele Marcantoni, and Anna Rosa Marcantonio, married 01 May 1856

children

Maria Palma Marcantoni, 10 May 1858
Rosalia Marcantoni, 29 Oct 1860
Giovanni Marcantoni, 10 Jan 1863
Maria Gracia Marcantoni, 06 Aug 1865
Pietro Antonio Marcantoni, 12 Oct 1868
all born Picinisco
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 04, 2011 6:02 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

...which leaves the vexing problem of where Luigi fits into this. You said Luigi's parents are given as Francis and Maria. Anna Rosa Marcantonio's parents (the mother of the family above) were called Francesco and Maria. But I can't see a luigi amongst their children. It is possible he was an uncle of the others, butt hat would need further investigation. Its also possible he was a cousin on the fathers side (if its the same family lol )As I don't know anything about them.

Interesting!

Marisa xx
graeme2905

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 04, 2011 7:04 pm    Sujet du message: Marcantonio Répondre en citant

Perfect Marissa!
It looks like Giovanni and Pietro changed their names.
My earlier email said Giovanni married Elizabeth Shevlin. It looks like this is incorrect and that it was Elizabeth Lauderdale. He married as John Mark and his father is listed as Ralph Mark. The births of the children I posted earlier appear to be correct nonetheless.
Pietro appears to have changed his name to Peter Marken having 4 children with Esther Sykes the later two being born as Marken then married Kathryn Bryce and had more children called Marken.
I'm thinking uncle or cousin for Luigi also.
Have you any more information on Francesco and Maria?

Pleasure as always!
G
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 04, 2011 8:35 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ok - I'm going to do a recap so I can get all of the information straight in my head Shocked

There are two 'sets' of families we are trying to link.

The first is that of Louis Marcantonio. His parents were Francis Marcantonio and Maria ?. He married Rosa/Rosina/Rose Anna Bassi/Bassie/Bacigalupo - daughter of Louis Bacigalupo and Sarah Anne ? on 15 November 1878 in Belfast. We know for definite of four children for them - Saverio, born 1885, died 1887 in Glasgow, Scotland. Maria born 1889, Ireland. Anthony born 1897 died 1918 (Glasgow) and Louis born 1899, died 1935 married to Mary Slatter.

Secondly there is the family of Raffaele Marcantoni and Anna Rosa Marcantonio. They had children Pietro/Peter who married Esther Sykes. Giovanni/John who married Elizabeth Lauderdale. Maria Grazia who married Giovanni Morelli. Maria Palma who married Giuseppe Cervi. Rosalia - whom I know nothing about.

Looking at the dates of birth of the children I would speculate that there is probably a 'short' generation of difference between Louis/Luigi and the others present in Belfast. He may have been a younger uncle on either side. His parents are given as Francis and Maria - which coincidentally are the names of Anna Rosa Marcantonio's parents - which is tantalising. However - they don't seem to have a son called Luigi.

Do I have this right so far???
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 04, 2011 8:51 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Anna Rosa's parents:-

Francesco Giovanni Antonio Marcantonio, b 02 Dec 1799 Picinisco married Maria Margiotta on 20th June 1820

children

Francesca Antonia Marcantoni, 5 Nov 1822
Francesca Antonia Marcantoni, 22 Oct 1824
Antonio Marcantonio, 14 Jul 1826
Anna Rosa Marcantonio, 06 Mar 1828
Mattia Marcantonio, 22 Oct 1830
Domenico Marcantonio, 12 Dec 1832
Carolina Marcantonio, 23 Aug 1836
Innocenzo Marcantonio, 28 Feb 1838
Beniamino Cesidio Marcantonio, 31 Oct 1840
Filomena Marcantonio, 17 Mar 1842
Innocenzo Marcantonio, 28 Oct 1843

all born Picinisco and not a Luigi among them Crying or Very sad unless it was someones middle name. Or a cousin! But I have checked all of the cousins on the mothers side. I don't know anything about Raffaele's family though.

Derničre édition par Marisa le Ven Mar 04, 2011 8:55 pm; édité 1 fois
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 04, 2011 8:54 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I think we might need Luigi Marcantonio's (husband of Rosa Bassi) death certificate. It would help if we knew where he died Confused
graeme2905

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 04, 2011 9:24 pm    Sujet du message: Marcantonio Répondre en citant

Thats it in a nutshell.
I wasnt aware that Maria Palma married Guiseppi Cervi. Giovanni Morelli and Maria Grazia's wedding was witnessed by a Luigi Cervo.

How about another tack. I have uncovered a Francis Marcantonio who married Margaret Flanagan in Belfast in 1920. His father is listed as Giatino Marcantonio. Have you come across Giatino anywhere? There's also a Francis Marcantonio who was born in Belfast in 1883 who married a Susanna and they also had a son called Francis. These might be part of our unconnected line.

Thanks for all the info.
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 04, 2011 9:28 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The first mention of anything (working backwards) that remotely resembles a 'Bacigalupo' on any Scottish census was in 1881 - John Bacigolopo born c 1830, Italy living in Glasgow.

On the 1871 census there is mention of a Stephen Bacigalluppo who was serving on a ship at the time of the census.

Given that Rosa gave her name as Bassi - it is interesting to note a 'Louis Bassy' on the Scotland 1901 census. He was a naturalised British citizen, which means there will be a paper trail at the National Archive. He was born around 1840 and living in Kilsyth, Stirlingshire. Living around the corner from him was a widow Mary Bassy (poss daughter-in-law?) with children Mary, Sarah and Louis.

Same guy appears on the 1881 census living in Galasheils, Selkirkshire. He isn't naturalised at that point. In his household are sons Louis (b c 1871 Liverpool) and Anthony (b c 1873 Liverpool)
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 04, 2011 9:36 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Mmm - cross-posted with you there Laughing

It was probably 'Giacinto'. I'll have a look at my files.
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 04, 2011 9:41 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hmm - not having much luck with either Francis or Giacinto so far.

Does the death certificate of the Louis, son of Louis, who died in 1935 give any indictation if his parents are alive or dead?
graeme2905

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 04, 2011 10:00 pm    Sujet du message: Marcantonio Répondre en citant

My guess for Luigi's death would be Scotland. I don't have a copy of the death entry. Rather than Louis Jnr's death cert I would look to his marriage cert with Mary Slater. Do you have access to this or know where they were married?
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 04, 2011 10:19 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I've just been through virtually all of my Scottish stuff and can't find a trace of Louis and Mary - so I don't think they married or died in Scotland. Back to the drawing board.
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 04, 2011 10:34 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Found Louis 'Bassey' on the 1891 Scotland census - again in Kilsyth. This time it gives a clearer picture of his place of birth which it gives as Genoa. He has naturalised by that point, and so naturalised sometime between 1881 and 1891.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Aller ŕ la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Suivante
Page 2 sur 7

Sauter vers: