Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Roffo / Marcantino

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
angelina

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juil 15, 2010 11:18 am    Sujet du message: Roffo / Marcantino Répondre en citant

Please can you assist in my family tracing its ancestry in Picinsico.

I am very interested in the Roffo family.

Ernesto Roffo (1 of the 18 victims on the Arandora Star) was my grandfather and he came to London with Raffaele Marcantonio (his cousin) Ernesto Roffo was born on 14.1.1896 in San Giuseppe in Picinisco. He had 2 brothers - Donato & Giacinto & 1 sister Angelina. Their mother was called Antonetta we think but we do not know Ernesto's fathers name.
My father (Ernesto's son) thinks the family name may have been Roffi and Ernesto changed it to Roffo when arriving in England.

We are told Ernesto's family were originally builders but Marcantonio bought Ernesto & his brothers to England and opened a successful ice cream business which flourishes today.

Any information about Ernesto's family and ancestors would be fantastic.

Many thanks
Angelina
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Michel VACCA

MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 16, 2010 6:55 am    Sujet du message: ROFFO Répondre en citant

Hi,

I have all the information that seek you.
Come on the forum and in the evening, I will write everything.
How is your father ?

Michel VACCA
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
angelina

MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 16, 2010 4:39 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Michel,
thank you for the reply. My father is well thanks, he and my mother who is from Saviano in Naples are enjoying the British summertime - it's has been very hot in London lately.
Do you need any more information?
I wil visit the forum this evening for your update.
Thanks very much
regards
angelina
Michel VACCA

MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 16, 2010 5:13 pm    Sujet du message: ROFFO Répondre en citant

Hello,

I'm finished your family research. I wanted to know what was your family with the ROFFO link.
Is this your father or your mother? I will send you in the evening a file .pdf. Searches are too large to be on the forum.

In fact, the ROFFO originate S. Donato Val di Comino. +/-20 km of Picinisco. Your Francesco ancestor came to Picinisco to marry in 1858.

Father Ernesto was married twice. I think Angela is a daughter of the first marriage because I did not find his birth in Picinisco. It should - be born Atina, native city of his mother.

Can you give me the offspring of Ernesto in England? I have not found a relationship between the ROFFO and the MARCANTONIO.

See you soon,

Michel
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
angelina

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 17, 2010 11:36 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Michel,

Roffo is my father's surname.

He is the son of Ernesto Roffo (Date of Birth 14.1.1896). My father, Felice has one elder Brother Giorgio (George).
Both my father and my uncle - Felice & Giorgio were born in London, England.

It is the heritage of their father Ernesto Roffo we are trying to find out some more information about.

It is possible that the Macantonio relationship to Roffo may not be a blood relative.

Many thanks for your help. I look forward to receiving the .pdf.
If you want to leave the document in Italian my mother can translate it but English will be more useful to the rest of us.

Regards
Angelina.

[/i]
graeme2905

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mar 03, 2011 5:49 pm    Sujet du message: Marcantonio Répondre en citant

I'm picking up on a small off chance here. I note Angelina that you mention Rafaelle Marcantonio. I'm researching a line of Marcantonio's which includes Maria Marcantonio. This line is based in Northern Ireland around the 1880's to date but it may be that there are Scottish links and there are no Marcantonios that I can find on the 1901 Ireland census barre 2 who were boarders in Sligo - Mary Teresa born in Scotland and Angelina born in Dublin.
Maria's father is Rafaelle Marcantonio who is listed as a Labourer on here marriage cert but was deceased by then (2 Oct 1889). Anybody any gems of wisdom for me?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: