Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Newbie - Maranctonio and Di Troya/Di Troia Picinisco
Aller ŕ la page 1, 2  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
wattsy

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 08, 2009 8:27 pm    Sujet du message: Newbie - Maranctonio and Di Troya/Di Troia Picinisco Répondre en citant

Hi everyone

I am looking for help please regarding my Italian ancestors who came to live in England circa 1890.

Giovanni Di Troia (poss spelt Di Troya) born Picinisco circa 1853 according to 1891 and 1901 census and 1860 in 1911 census
and
Philomena Marcantonio born circa 1857 but varies according to census.

Their first child is named Francisco - this may or may not be a clue to either father`s name.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wattsy
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Michel VACCA

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 09, 2009 3:32 pm    Sujet du message: Marcantonio and Di Troia Picinisco Répondre en citant

Here is the information I have for the moment.
I research when I returned holiday to 20 April

Giovanni DI TROIA birth in Picinisco the 08 February 1853. Son of Gerardo DI TROIA and Fortunata POMPEI.

Luigia Filomena MARCANTONIO birth in Picinisco the 31 August 1857. Girl of Antonio MARCANTONIO et Matilda DI VITO.

They were married in Picinisco on 27 October 1881.

Michel VACCA
www.picinisco.net
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
wattsy

MessagePosté le: Ven Avr 10, 2009 11:28 am    Sujet du message: Di Troi and Marcantonio Family Répondre en citant

Hi Michel

Thank you so much for this information. I have no idea how you managed to find it so quickly.

As a matter of interest any more information about these families, such as siblings etc would be great.

Please, please accept my sincere thanks for all your help.

Best wishes

Wattsy
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Ven Avr 10, 2009 9:31 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Wattsy

Luigia is my second cousin four times removed Very Happy . I know this from Michel's excellent work. He has helped me so much with my family. He is a godsend to all of us with ancestors from Picinisco!

It is nice to meet you. I live in Scotland. There are a few Marcantonios up here too.

Marisa
wattsy

MessagePosté le: Ven Avr 10, 2009 11:29 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Marisa

Thanks to Michel`s help he has confirmed that Luigia Filomena Marcantonio b 1857 married Giovanni Di Troia on 27 10 81 in Picinisco.
They are my husbands Gt Grandfather and Gt Grandmother. They came to London in 1890ish (their son Fransesco was born in Paris in 1888 presumably on their way from Italy). In 1891 they were in London.

I understand that Luigia`s parents were Antonio Marcantonio and Matilda Di Vito. Do you have any information about them?
Its all quite a revellation to us as there is no prior knowledge of these families. My husbands mother nee Di Troia is in her late eighties and has little or no recollection at all. So any help is greatly received.

Best wishes

Wattsy
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 23, 2009 2:12 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Wattsy

The information I have for Antonio Marcantonio and Matilda Di Vito (from Michel) is that they married on 17 Nov 1855. The had children Luigia, Lucia, Giuseppe, Vincenzo, Bernardino, Beniamino, and Biagio, all between 1857 and 1871. I don't know Matilda's parents, but Antonio's parents were Francesco Giovanni Antonio Marcantonio (born 02 Dec 1799)and Maria Margiotta. They married on 20 Jun 1820 in Picinisco.

When Michel gets back you are in for a treat. He has this line back a very long way.

The brother of your Francesco Giovanni Antonio Marcantonio, Gaetano Fortunato Marcantonio, is my great, great, great great grandfather. (Gaetano, to his son Fulgenzio, to his son Lorenzo, daughter Serafina, daughter Jolanda, son Fortunato, to me - Marisa!)

My Marcantonio ancestor who immigrated to the UK was Lorenzo Marcantonio. He was quite a colourful character! There are many, many stories...

Marisa xx
wattsy

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 23, 2009 4:30 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Marisa

Thank you so much for that additional information about the Marcantonio family.

Out of interest the God Parents for Luigia`s children from about 1890 to 1897 in Holborn London were Thomas and Maria Marcantonio. I have been unable to find them in the 1891 or 1901 census. You got any ideas?

I am so looking forward to hearing from Michel to discover more about the Di Troia and Marcantonio families. Especially as Giovanni Di Troia who according to all the census and even his death certificate was an "artist model".

All the best

Wattsy
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 23, 2009 10:19 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Wattsy

Hmm - Thomas and Maria are a bit elusive aren't they! The only Thomas I can find with any reliabilty over 1891, 1901 and 1911 is living in Brighton. Is that too far away to be the right one? In 1891 he is listed on Ancestry as 'Tomato Mariantonio'. He is 27 and there is a 'visitor' Maria Mariantonio in the household who is about 24.

I have an ancestor from Picinisco who was an artists model too! His name was Loreto Palombo and he was our family 'bad boy'! How I would love to see a picture of him. Picinisco must be where we all get our good looks from Laughing

Marisa
wattsy

MessagePosté le: Sam Mai 02, 2009 11:16 am    Sujet du message: Di Troia and Marcantonio families from Pichinisco Répondre en citant

Thanks everybody for your help. I have tried to find Giovanni Di Troia`s birth in 1853 in Picinisco but have been unsuccessful. Maybe he was born elsewhere, but, I have found a birth of a Francesco Antonio Di Troia with the same parents of Gerardo and Fortuna Di Troia in 1861.

If Michel has any further information I would be most grateful.

Best wishes

Wattsy
wattsy

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 02, 2009 6:51 pm    Sujet du message: Francesco Di Troia Picinisco Répondre en citant

Hi Michel

You very kindly gave me some information about Francesco some months ago. I am unable to find a birth in Picinisco records.

Did you get the information from the marriage records? I really would appreciate your help.

Many thanks

Wattsy
Michel VACCA

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 07, 2009 2:09 pm    Sujet du message: Francesco Di Troia Picinisco Répondre en citant

What information do you get ?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
wattsy

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 07, 2009 10:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Michel

Thanks so much for replying.

I am not sure what information you want.

You kindly sent me the information below:-

Here is the information I have for the moment.
I research when I returned holiday to 20 April

Giovanni DI TROIA birth in Picinisco the 08 February 1853. Son of Gerardo DI TROIA and Fortunata POMPEI.

Luigia Filomena MARCANTONIO birth in Picinisco the 31 August 1857. Girl of Antonio MARCANTONIO et Matilda DI VITO.

They were married in Picinisco on 27 October 1881. manag

Michel VACCA
www.picinisco.net

I managed to get hold of the records of births in Picinisco from LDS and searched through but was unable to find any birth of Giovanni Di Troia but did find a birth of Antonio in 1861 with the same parents - Gerado Di Troia and Fortunata Pompei. I assume a brother of Giovanni.

I therefore wondered where you had got your information from. Was it the marriage records in October 1881.

If you could help me to understand I would be very grateful.
Best wishes
Wattsy
Michel VACCA

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 08, 2009 6:38 pm    Sujet du message: DI TROIA Répondre en citant

You can have total confidence in the information I give you. I have all acts of births, baptisms and dead. All dates are controlled.

I prepares for the time the rest of the Gerardo ancestors. In a few days I send the results.

Good evening.

Michel VACCA
www.picinisco.net
wattsy

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 08, 2009 10:18 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Michel

Once again I can only thank you so much for your help.

I look forward to getting Gerardo`s ancestors. You have been a great help and I thank you so much for the trouble you are taking.

Thanks again

Wattsy
Michel VACCA

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 09, 2009 7:26 pm    Sujet du message: DI TROIA Répondre en citant

Wattsy,

Pending the more...
I can already tell you great great father Giovanni came to Picinisco to marry in 1822.
Fortunato, is born in Atina, he was married Loreta Palma ARCARI who was born in Picinisco 18 02 1822.
Can you give me details about the progeny of Giovanni and Filomena MARCANTONIO.

Michel
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Aller ŕ la page 1, 2  Suivante
Page 1 sur 2

Sauter vers: