Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

LANNI Domenico - Bollington UK
Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Michel VACCA

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 03, 2008 8:17 pm    Sujet du message: LANNI Domenico - Bollington UK Répondre en citant

Je recherche des descendants de Domenico LANNI et Elisabeth GRATTON. Domenico LANNI est né le 15/04/1891 à Picinisco en Italie. Il s’est marié avec Elisabeth GRATTON le 2/06/1925 à l’église St. Gregorio de BOLLINGTON (Manchester – UK)

Merci pour toute aide.

I seek descendants of Domenico LANNI and Elisabeth GRATTON. Domenico LANNI was born the 15/04/1891 in Picinisco in Italy. He married with Elisabeth GRATTON the 2/06/1925 in Church. St Gregorio in BOLLINGTON (Manchester - U.K.)

Thank you for any help.

Michel VACCA
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 03, 2008 9:54 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Michel

I have one Domenico Lanni on my tree. I don't know his wife's name but his parents were Giovanni Lanni and Maria Christina Marcantonio. I think he lived in England Could this be your man?

Marisa
Michel VACCA

MessagePosté le: Mer Juin 04, 2008 7:06 pm    Sujet du message: Domenico LANNI Répondre en citant

Hello Marisa,

By writing on the forum about Domenico LANNI, I was almost certain that it would be you who would answer!

In fact the parents of Domenico LANNI are Lorenzo LANNI born the 03/06/1856 in Picinisco and Maria Cristina ANTONELLI born the 27/01/1863 in Picinisco.

I make research for Maria Cristina PELOSI who lives Picinisco and which is the girl of Angela Rosa LANNI born the 25/11/1906 and Luigi Martino PELOSI. Angela Rosa LANNI is the sister of Domenico LANNI.

Maria Cristina PELOSI would like to have contacts with the descendants of Domenico and Elisabeth.

Can you help me?

Thank you in advance.

Michel
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mer Juin 04, 2008 10:41 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Michel

That is a pity. I know the descendants of Giovanni Lanni and Maria Christina Marcantonio. They are living in England. I also know the descendants of Francesco Lanni and Rosa Arcari who were from around the same time. Their descendants are in Scotland and England. Unfortunately I do not know those of Lorenzo. I hope one of the English forum members can help! Rolling Eyes

I have checked all of my Scottish census data (I have a list of all Italian born people on every available Scottish census - I need to get a life!! Embarassed ), and they are not mentioned there - so I don't think they ventured up here.

Ah well - good luck in your search. If I find anything I will post it.

Marisa xx
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mer Juin 04, 2008 10:56 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

There was a Lorenzo Lanni living in Glasgow in 1890 married to a woman called Margaret. Could this be a relative - perhaps a brother, son or nephew of the other Lorenzo? I do not know the descendants of this man - but there is an interesting story attached to him.

Marisa
Stuart Capaldi

MessagePosté le: Ven Juin 06, 2008 12:11 am    Sujet du message: Lorenzo Lanni married Margaret Powell Répondre en citant

Marisa

Hello again

I believe the interesting story is about the court case in 03/11/1890 which includes the following names, Palombo, Marcantonio, Luciano, Gizzi, Lanni, Boni, di Marco, Bellonzi, Ferri, Verrechia, Di Felice, Cascarino and Rossi. The incident took place at a wedding party in Rodney Street, Possilpark, Glasgow

I have been into the National Archives in Edinburgh and have viewed all the documents of this case which involved the above names most of whom came from the Picinisco area.

Also the outcome of the case is recorded in the "Scotsman" archives.

Also in the Scotsman archives, I have notes on many interesting articles over the passed 100 years which gives some insight into the Italian community in Edinburgh, including charitable donations to good causes, setting up businesses, and of course prosecutions, the most popular prosecution was the heinous crime of allowing their cafe to open after the strict opening times especially on a Sunday.

If you wish some more detailed information please contact me.

Thanks
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Ven Juin 06, 2008 8:18 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Stuart

You are spot on with the interesting story! The two accused are well and truly in my tree. Lorenzo Marcantonio was my g g grandfather, and Loreto Palombo (his brother-in-law) was my g g grandmother's older brother. Michael Gizzi, who was injured, is also in the family, although I think they ended up in the USA. I haven't found a family link to the victim, Andear Luciano, yet. The case notes read like a Who's Who of Comino Valley emigrants.

I would love to hear what you have read about this. I have seen most of it, but I haven't seen the larger case files. One of my sons has diabetes and comes home for lunch each day from school so I can't get a full day to go to Edinburgh. I also never seem to have enough money to get a copy of the microfilms made!

I will perhaps write this story in a separate thread so we don't hijack Michel's. My grandmother will kill me if she ever finds out!!

Marisa xx
tina97

MessagePosté le: Ven Juin 06, 2008 11:17 pm    Sujet du message: Re: Lorenzo Lanni married Margaret Powell Répondre en citant

Stuart Capaldi a écrit:
Marisa

Hello again

I believe the interesting story is about the court case in 03/11/1890 which includes the following names, Palombo, Marcantonio, Luciano, Gizzi, Lanni, Boni, di Marco, Bellonzi, Ferri, Verrechia, Di Felice, Cascarino and Rossi. The incident took place at a wedding party in Rodney Street, Possilpark, Glasgow

I have been into the National Archives in Edinburgh and have viewed all the documents of this case which involved the above names most of whom came from the Picinisco area.

Also the outcome of the case is recorded in the "Scotsman" archives.

Also in the Scotsman archives, I have notes on many interesting articles over the passed 100 years which gives some insight into the Italian community in Edinburgh, including charitable donations to good causes, setting up businesses, and of course prosecutions, the most popular prosecution was the heinous crime of allowing their cafe to open after the strict opening times especially on a Sunday.

If you wish some more detailed information please contact me.

Thanks

I have these names in my family somewhere along the line...in Manchester : di Marco, Di Felice. ..possibly others in the list but as of yet not confirmed so I won't put them down.

I also have the following London census's from 1881 with the families: Marcantonio, Lanni,Boni.Pelosi Perhaps like my Crolla family these families started out on their UK life in London around 1876.

kindest regards Santina Crolla

Dernière édition par tina97 le Sam Juin 07, 2008 5:59 pm; édité 1 fois
tina97

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 07, 2008 2:00 pm    Sujet du message: Lorenzo Lanni Répondre en citant

I have found Lorenzo Lanni on the 1881 census in London. Smile

He was a widower born 1855 Italy, a musician & was a boarder at 13 Fleet Row Holborn Middlesex.

His neighbours were ..it looks like Guiseppe Boni, Magliecco family, Cairo family all at 13 Fleet Row, my great grandfather Antonio Crolla at 11 Fleet Row, at 12 Fleet Row there is Donato Marcontino, his wife Antonia & sons Luigi, Nicola, Giovanni.

My g-grandfather Antonio moved from 11 to 12 Fleet Row 2 months after this 1881 census was taken. 12 Fleet Row was on his June 1881 marriage certificate to Donata Marino so they obviously moved in & out of each others houses.

Anyway hope this helps...I will send the census to anyone who wants it. I too am a little sad & have also collected most census's from Manchester & Middlesex London too (all years) as my family members appear on most of them.

Kindest Regards Santina Crolla
tina97

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 07, 2008 7:50 pm    Sujet du message: Re: LANNI Domenico - Bollington UK Répondre en citant

Michel VACCA a écrit:
Je recherche des descendants de Domenico LANNI et Elisabeth GRATTON. Domenico LANNI est né le 15/04/1891 à Picinisco en Italie. Il s’est marié avec Elisabeth GRATTON le 2/06/1925 à l’église St. Gregorio de BOLLINGTON (Manchester – UK)

Merci pour toute aide.

I seek descendants of Domenico LANNI and Elisabeth GRATTON. Domenico LANNI was born the 15/04/1891 in Picinisco in Italy. He married with Elisabeth GRATTON the 2/06/1925 in Church. St Gregorio in BOLLINGTON (Manchester - U.K.)

Thank you for any help.

Michel VACCA

Hi Michel,

I have found their marriage for you.

England & Wales, FreeBMD Marriage Index: 1837-1983

Name: Elizabeth Gratton
Year of Registration: 1925
Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun
Spouse's Surname: Lanni
District: MacClesfield
County: Cheshire, Derbyshire
Volume: 8a
Page: 367 (click to see others on page)

Elizabeth Gratton 1925 Apr-May-Jun Lanni MacClesfield Cheshire, Derbyshire
Dominico Lanni 1925 Apr-May-Jun Gratton MacClesfield Cheshire, Derbyshire

Unfortunately I dont think I know any Macclesfield families so can't help with relatives there.

I think I've also found Luigi Pelosi's birth too

Name: Luigi Pelosi
Year of Registration: 1885
Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun
District: Manchester (1837-1924)
County: Lancashire
Volume: 8d
Page: 285 (click to see others on page)

I'm not sure if any of this helps.. I'll keep searching Manchester for them though. I found a few Angela Lanni's but the closest with birth of 1906 was called Annie not Angela, so no luck with her

kindest regards Santina Crolla
lucente

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 08, 2008 8:43 pm    Sujet du message: Gratton and Lanni Répondre en citant

Hi Michal,
I have also looked for the above names for you, Macclesfield is in Cheshire
The address of the register office for certificates is as follows

The Registrar
Macclesfield Register Office
Park Green
Macclesfield
SK11 6TN
Cheshire
U.K
the cost of a certificate is £7.00 plus postage.
I have also the marriage of Dominic Lanni and Elisabeth Gratton
apr may june 1925 Macclesfield 8A 367.

I have the birth of Lawrence Lanni mother Nee Gratton
jul aug sept 1926, Macclesfield 8A 173.

I have searched up to Dec 1928 .
will carry on in my spare time if you have no other information.
I did ask you if I can get a birth cert from the Priest in Picinisco
for my relative Stefano Valvona,
we hope to visit in July or do I have to apply to the registry office.

many thanks
Ann Lucente.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Michel VACCA

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 21, 2008 6:57 pm    Sujet du message: Stefano VALVONA Répondre en citant

Dear Ann,

Thank you for all your research.

With regard to the certificate of baptism of Stefano VALVONA, not of problem, give me the birth date and I send it to you by E-mail. I have all that at the house.

So long
Michel VACCA
Michel VACCA

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 22, 2008 11:48 am    Sujet du message: Stefano VALVONA Répondre en citant

Ann,

I had the information, I send the certificate of baptism to you has your E-Mail address

Michel VACCA
valvona66

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 28, 2008 11:26 pm    Sujet du message: valvona Répondre en citant

i hope someone will be able to assist, my gr gr gr grandparents antonio valvona (b around 1830)& anna coppola (b 1834) were married in atina in 1853 and moved to edinburgh with thier children around 1870's but i have not been able to find any information in atina about antonio or most of their children, one of the children is registered in atina (3rd child) i have noticed other valvonas were from picinisco so i thought maybe antonio's family might have originated from picinisco. as far as i can make out antonio's parents were geloramo valvona & valeria pellocella anyone come across these names while doing research in picinisco.

many thanks
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
paulineC

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 07, 2011 8:13 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi

I have some information on Andrea Luciani who was the murder victim in the Palombo case. Andrea was the brother in law of Carmine Boni.Carmine was one of the witnesses for the prosecution. Carmine Boni was married to Carmella Luciani who was the victim's sister.

paulineC
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
Page 1 sur 2

Sauter vers: