Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Achille Capaldi searching for any information.
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Ven Aoû 25, 2006 9:21 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Stuart

Have you ever been on Ancestry? It has all of the US censuses up until 1930. I think it is configured in such a way that you are easiest looking up surnames, but if you know the street that your grandfathers sisters were living on and their first names you might be able to do a 'ranked' search. The US census lists the year of entry into the States. From that you can usually track down a passenger manifest which will then give you the last town of residence in the country of origin, as well as the next of kin in that country.

The fees for Ancestry look scary, but if you go to the UK site - ancestry.co.uk, you can buy 10 credits for £4.50 which gives you 10 original record views valid for two weeks, and access to the worldwide records. You generally don't need to look at the original record to ascertain whether you have the correct entry, unlike Scotlands People. It might be worth a try.

Marisa Very Happy

PS - there is a Leonilda Capaldi on the Ellis Island manifests, but no Leondra. Perhaps they travelled under their husbands names Rolling Eyes

Another thought - could Leondra have been Leonarda?
Stuart Capaldi

MessagePosté le: Ven Aoû 25, 2006 11:50 pm    Sujet du message: Ancestry.co.uk Répondre en citant

Marisa hello,

Thanks for your reply. I will give the site a try. I also noticed a Leonilda on a passenger list but I do not think it was a relative.

I will also try the census. My aunt has confirmed that she corresponded with her aunts and cousins in Chicago and the adddress was Racine Avenue. this was in the 1930' and 40's.

I can also confirm that from the 1901 census and in 1906 when Achille first married, he and his witnesses to the marriage, all seemed to live at 112 Leith Street Edinburgh. His best man was Alexander di Marco whose sister Maria Civita DiMarco married Paolo Coppola also in 1906. their parents were Luigi Di Marco and Maria Nascenza Faccenda. Witnesses to this marriage were A Coppola and Eugenie Tartaglia.

As for my Gizzi connection Achille's cousin, Nancy Gizzi, he stood guarantor for her when she first entered the country. her parents were Sante Gizzi and Catterina Valente.

Please note that I will be visiting the Picinisco, Atina, Val Di Comino area on my next visit to Italy from 4th to 12th September where I hope to get some further information.

Any information is good when searching thanks

Stuart Very Happy
Stuart Capaldi

MessagePosté le: Sam Sep 30, 2006 10:24 am    Sujet du message: Updated information Répondre en citant

I have recently returned from Picinisco.
I had a very productive visit and I have the following information,

Achille Capaldi was born outside Italy but is registered in Picinisco.

Achille's father, Sante Capaldi b. circa 1850 married Angela Maria Fusco b 1855. from Vallegrande.

Sante Capaldi father was Tomasso Capaldi b 1820 mother ??? Capaldi

Angela Maria Fusco father was Tiberio b 1820 mother Rosa Valente b 1826.

Tiberio father was Vincenzo b 1795 mother Maria Grazia Pacitti b 1795

Thanks to everyone on this forum who have given me information during my search. Marisa and Michel, you have been extremely helpful and it is much appreciated.

However my search continues and if the above is helpful and anyone knows of more details please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Cheers

Very Happy Very Happy
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Sam Sep 30, 2006 12:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Stuart

That is excellent. I am so pleased for you! Very Happy

Now that you know that your family was from Vallegrande you can order the BMD microfilms for the town from your nearest family history centre. They might help you find other branches of your family. Who knows - it might even get you back a tiny bit further.

Well done Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Marisa
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mar Nov 21, 2006 1:47 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Stuart

Hope this works. I'm not that good with imageshack! If you click on this link

hopefully you will see a passenger manifest from 1904 of a 22 year old Leonilda (could be read several ways - possibly Leondra), travelling wih her husband Filiberto Faccenda. Could she be yours? They were travelling to Chicago, where I know you had said they ended up.

Marisa
Stuart Capaldi

MessagePosté le: Mar Nov 21, 2006 2:44 pm    Sujet du message: Ships manifest 1904 Répondre en citant

Marisa

Thanks very much it does look promising.

I have access to my local LDS Family Centre and tomorrow I will go in and search the birth microfilms for Picinisco that I have ordered. I can link up with this manifest.

I am now able to confirm that Achille's father Sante was born in Picinisco circa 1851. Achille's grandfather was Tomasso Capaldi b circa 1825 and his grandmother was Vittoria Capaldi b circa 1825.

Also in 1878 at the marriage of Sante and Angela Maria Fusco, Tomasso was still alive living in Picinisco and Vittoria was deceased.

Thanks
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mar Nov 21, 2006 8:20 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Here is another link

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/1747/imagexdh6.jpg

It is from the 1930 US census. A friend who is a real sweetheart checked it for me, and gave me the link. It is of a Filliberto and 'Leana' Faccenda. My friend said that although no street name is given on the page, the previous and subsequent page give the address as Roscoe Street, which apparently crosses Racine.

She also dug out the WWI draft registration card for Filliberto, and this is what she came up with -

World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
about Feliberto Paold Faccenda
Name: Feliberto Paold Faccenda
City: Not Stated
County: Cook
State: Illinois
Birth Date: 18 Oct 1884
Race: White
Roll: 1504113
DraftBoard: 4

Hope its helpful

Marisa
Stuart Capaldi

MessagePosté le: Mar Nov 21, 2006 10:17 pm    Sujet du message: Racine Chicago Répondre en citant

Marisa

Fantastic.

You may have nailed it.
It gives me something tangible to search.

One additional fact which I have never mentioned was that a son of one of Achille's sisters was named "Larry" He was in the US army during the 1939 to 45 conflict. He visited Edinburgh on a troop train during that period.

My aunt his cousin corresponded with her aunts during that period and that is how I know the address Racine Avenue

Thank you friend for their assitance.

Cheers Very Happy

Stuart
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
Page 2 sur 2

Sauter vers: