Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

D'Ambrosio Family
Aller ŕ la page 1, 2  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
helward

MessagePosté le: Ven Nov 17, 2006 4:31 pm    Sujet du message: D'Ambrosio Family Répondre en citant

Hi

I'm trying to find out about members of our family who came from Picinisco to England in about 1880s.

There were 3 brothers, Angelo Antonio, Gerardo and Franco. Their father was called David. We think that the brothers were born in the 1860's but would love to have some definite information about addresses and dates of birth and names of other members of the family.
Any helpful pointers would be very much appreciated,
Thanks, Helen
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
simonc

MessagePosté le: Ven Jan 19, 2007 2:53 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Helen...

My Grandmother, Rosa Felicia D'Ambrosio, told my mother that her father came from this village - His name was Loreto D'Ambrosio. I will ask my mother if she has any more information.

I know that some of the 'Italian' part of my family ended up in Swansea - the famous ice cream cafe in the Mumbles is owned by the Cascarini family who are related to the D'Ambrosios.

I hope to travel to Picinisco one day soon as I love Italy and would love to know more about my Grandmother's roots.

Cheers,
Simon
simonc

MessagePosté le: Sam Jan 20, 2007 9:40 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Helen...

I have some more information: My great grandfather Loreto was borm in Picinisco in 1889 the son of Antonio and Vincenza D'Ambrosio. The family moved to London (10 Speedwell Street, Deptford) in 1893. Loreto became a naturlised British citizen in 1927, aged 34. He married in 1916 to Rose Ada Boyd who lived at 27 Wellington Street, Deptford. They were married at the Church of the Assumption, Deptford on May 1st 1916. They had three children, Rosa (my grandma) b. 1917 d.1995, Antonio b. 1919 who died in WWII, and Dorothea b. 1920s. They moved to Swansea, where he owned a resaurant/cafe.

They were related my marriage to the Cascarini family who still run an ice cream business in Swansea.

We have some documents pertaining to Loreto's naturalisation that support his application - he was, it seems, not only "very intellectual" but also "of very good reputation and financially sound"!

PS Loreto had a sister called Elizabeta and a brother called Geraldo.
helward

MessagePosté le: Sam Mar 03, 2007 3:58 pm    Sujet du message: dambrosio family Répondre en citant

simonc a écrit:
Hi Helen...

I have some more information: My great grandfather Loreto was borm in Picinisco in 1889 the son of Antonio and Vincenza D'Ambrosio. The family moved to London (10 Speedwell Street, Deptford) in 1893. Loreto became a naturlised British citizen in 1927, aged 34. He married in 1916 to Rose Ada Boyd who lived at 27 Wellington Street, Deptford. They were m

dear Simon,Many thanks for the info. There must be a link somewhere, as there were so few people living in Picinisco at that time. M y great grandfather Angelo Antonio was married in Leeds in 1887 to Dominica Salvatore, whose mother came from Cassino. Angelantonio came to this country with his brothers, Gerardo, and Francesco. Ido not think their father Davido came over with them. They were said to have had a small farm in Picinisco. Gerardo married Benedetta Valente in Burnley in 1892 and Francesco and his wife Francesca Lanni had a daughter called Angelantonia in 1888.
Gerardo had a daghter called Elizabeth who was 12 in 1901 census and who may be the same girl who was born Sept quarter 1889 and registered as Elezabetta D ambrosio, in Holborn. I have just sent for 3 birth certificates from London area to corroborate this.
Rootsweb bmd website showstwo births ii Swansea, Romeo in 1902 and Virgil in 1904. cheers, Helen
john gerrard

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juil 12, 2007 4:34 pm    Sujet du message: Re: D'Ambrosio Family Répondre en citant

helward a écrit:
Hi
I'm trying to find out about members of our family who came from Picinisco to England in about 1880s.
There were 3 brothers, Angelo Antonio, Gerardo and Franco. Their father was called David. We think that the brothers were born in the 1860's but would love to have some definite information about addresses and dates of birth and names of other members of the family.
Thanks, Helen

Hello Helen don't know if this adds anything. My D'Ambrosio line arrived in Ancoats, Manchester in the late 1880s. My great grandmother Antonia D'ambrosio (6/22/1855-5/3/1934 b.Picinisco IT d. Glasgow SCT) was married to Antonio Arcari (9/3/1851-8/17/1907 b.Picinisco IT d. Glasgow SCT). Her parents were Giuseppe D'AMBROSIO (2/11/1823)b. Picinisco, Frosinone, IT and Serafina ARCARI (c1829). Giuseppe has 2 brothers Gerardo Antonio D'AMBROSIO (7/17/1829)b. Picinisco and Angelo Maria D'AMBROSIO (3/12/1832)b. Picinisco.

May help you.

Regards John Gerrard
My help some.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail
Laurence Marcantonio

MessagePosté le: Mer Sep 19, 2007 11:10 pm    Sujet du message: d'Ambrosia Répondre en citant

Hi John
My name is Laurence Marcantonio and I'm also a member of this forum, i live in Ayr --contact me on 01292 442244 --I worked with a Joanna Clark nee Duffus whose grandfather was a d'Ambrosia from Picinisco, at the hospital laboratory at Ballochmyle .
Laurence
laurence@marcantonio.wanadoo.co.uk
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail
fannymesny

MessagePosté le: Mar Oct 27, 2009 11:14 pm    Sujet du message: Louis d'ambrosio Répondre en citant

Hi,

I am looking for a family member Louis d'ambrosio. He was born in Picinisco on 21/06/1879 and i think he lived frosinone. He was a famous scultor.
he studied with Paul-Jean-Baptiste Gasq and Henri-Leon Greber after becoming a naturalized French citizen.
He exhibited at the Socičtaire des Artistes Francais between 1908 and 1942. In 1908 he won an honorable mention, a bronze medal in 1923 and a silver metal in 1925. He was made a chevalier of the Legion of Honor in 1932.

Can you help me ?

Thanks .
Carlap

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 01, 2010 1:05 am    Sujet du message: Francesco D'Ambrosio Répondre en citant

I am just starting out on the Genealogy of my family. What I do know is that my g grandfather Francesco D'Ambrosio settled in Swansea, South Wales in the early part of the last Century. His brother Silvestro was living in Hamilton, Scotland when both were interned; later to perish aboard the Arandora Star.

Francesco was married to Amilia both from Picinisco.

I plan to take my husband and children to Picinisco. I would love to go there.

Thanks to all for the wealth on info on this site.
fife0034

MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 08, 2016 4:00 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I have information that Sylvestro lived with Francesco D'Ambrosio in Croyden and then although living seperately, they moved to Hamilton around the same time. Francesco (my great-grandfathers brother) married Francesca Lanni and I did wonder about the connection between Sylvestro and my grandfathers brother, Francesco. Franco had only 2 brothers, Angelo Antonio and Geraldo, so I did wonder why Sylvestro was living with Franco at Franco's mother in laws property on the 1891 census. There are only 3 D'Ambrosio's on the census, Franco, Sylvestro and Filomena. Can anyone help with the connection?
aust2229

MessagePosté le: Sam Fév 11, 2017 12:00 pm    Sujet du message: Sylvestro D'Ambrosio Répondre en citant

[quote="fife0034"]I have information that Sylvestro lived with Francesco D'Ambrosio in Croyden and then although living seperately, they moved to Hamilton around the same time. Francesco (my great-grandfathers brother) married Francesca Lanni and I did wonder about the connection between Sylvestro and my grandfathers brother, Francesco. Franco had only 2 brothers, Angelo Antonio and Geraldo, so I did wonder why Sylvestro was living with Franco at Franco's mother in laws property on the 1891 census. There are only 3 D'Ambrosio's on the census, Franco, Sylvestro and Filomena. Can anyone help with the connection?[/quote].

Silvestro D'Ambrosio was my grandfather and he perished on the Arandora Star. According to his M/C and other family information his parents were Giovanni D'Ambrosio and Angela Margeotta. We believe that he stayed for at least a year on a farm before settling in Hamilton Scotland. Think that Giovanni and Angela may have 5 children and they lived on a small farm in Picinisco(which I was fortunate to be able to visit last year).
Francesco D'Ambrosio was married to Francesa Lanni and was wondering if he was also later married to Emilia? If not are there 2 Francesco's and which one is Silvestro's brother?
fife0034

MessagePosté le: Sam Fév 11, 2017 12:17 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Wow! My g grandfather's father was Davido D'Ambrosio, also lived on a farm in Picinisco. It would make sense to me that perhaps Giovanni and Davido were perhaps brothers? Davido didn't come over with the boys. It's too much of a coincidence that Silvestro and Francesco lodged with my ancestors who were also D'Ambrosio. I am going to Picinisco in April and I can't wait! We have a picture of the D'Ambrosio house in Picinisco.
fife0034

MessagePosté le: Sam Fév 11, 2017 12:35 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Also, Francesco, married to Francesca Lanni was my g grandfather's brother. There were 3 brothers, Francesco, Angela Antonio and Geraldo. Davido was their father. Silvestro is on the 1889 census lodging with my Francesco. Perhaps cousins?
Tatanna

MessagePosté le: Dim Fév 26, 2017 10:22 am    Sujet du message: Picinisco census records Répondre en citant

In commemoration of the 1000 anniversay of the town I am offering a copy of the 1853-1899 census record for the family for 50 Euro. All the funds go to the restoration of parish records.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
aust2229

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 07, 2017 8:18 pm    Sujet du message: Silvestro D'Ambrosio Répondre en citant

My grandfather Silvestro D'Ambrosio, had two brothers Pasquale and Francesco and a sister Filomena. Their parents were Giovanni D'Ambrosio and Angela Margiotta.
Francesco, born 1863 m Francesa Lanni in Croydon Surrey in 1887 and he died in 1927.
Pasquale born in 1870 married Carmella Crolla in Edinburgh in 1903 and he died in 1932.
Filomena born in 1875 married John Moore and she died in 1959.
On their D/C's their parent's names are listed as Giovanni D'Ambrosio and Angela Margiotta.
Hope this information is useful.
Cheers
Gayle
kim007

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 22, 2021 8:30 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

We have helped thousands of students with their tricky and time-consuming assignments. Practice makes perfect, and we can say that these years have helped us to learn every detail of the business. This is why today we know how to maintain affordable prices and a high level, just hire a white paper writer
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Aller ŕ la page 1, 2  Suivante
Page 1 sur 2

Sauter vers: