Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Cascarini family in Picinisco

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Cascarini

MessagePosté le: Jeu Oct 18, 2007 7:23 am    Sujet du message: Cascarini family in Picinisco Répondre en citant

Dear all,
My name is Jim Cascarini and I'm researching my family surname. The family originated from Picinisco and has many other names which will be familiar to many of you (De Marco, Crolla, D'ambrosio etc).
It is the CASCARINI name in which I am interested, however. I was advised that Michel Vacca is very clued-up in all things Picinisco! Can you (or anyone else on the forum!) help?
My Great-grandfather was Luigi CASCARINI, born 1865 in Picinisco. I think his parents were Antonio CASCARINI and Annunziata BONO. If you have further information of parents, brothers/sisters etc, please do get in touch with me- I'd be very grateful!
Jim
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Michel VACCA

MessagePosté le: Jeu Oct 18, 2007 6:19 pm    Sujet du message: Cascarini family in Picinisco Répondre en citant

Antonio CASCARINI born 28 september 1819 (VALLEGRANDE) of Domenico CASCARINI and Benedetta PANETTA
and
Nunziata Restituta BONI born 26 march 1830 (PICINISCO) of Gaetano BONI and Margarita COIA

Marriage : 12 april 1853 (PICINISCO)

I also found the birth of 3 children, but not the birth of Luigi. There is Luigi born well on April 14, 1865 but the parents are Antonio CASCARINI and Angelarosa ARCARI.

Do you have other information on Luigi?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Cascarini

MessagePosté le: Jeu Oct 18, 2007 6:53 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Wow! Michel, that's fantastic. I have been in touch with a chap called Ron Hassall who advised I get in touch with you.

Luigi Cascarini (1865- 1932) was my great grandfather. Ron Hassall has in his records that Luigi was thr youngest of 4 children. Maria, Michele and Loreto were the others. He came to the UK and I have traced all the family from then on.

He was married 3 times. I think I have the names of his two last wives (Maria Carmela and Maria Assunta D'Ambrosio) but not his first wife. He had one son by this first wife- Giuseppe, who came to the UK with him- and founded "Joe's Ice-Cream Parlour" in Swansea, South Wales.

Would you be able to see if you have a marriage date and wife name for Luigi? Giuseppe was born in 1892, so I presume the marriage was only a while before that.

If you have any further information on Luigi's brothers and sister, inlcuding marriages and children, I'd love to hear from you.

Many thanks!
Jim
Cascarini

MessagePosté le: Jeu Oct 18, 2007 6:59 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I also found the birth of 3 children, but not the birth of Luigi. There is Luigi [i]born well on April 14, 1865 but the parents are Antonio CASCARINI and Angelarosa ARCARI. [/i]

Michel, do you think that Luigi could be the child of a second marriage of Antonio Cascarini's? Any record?

Jim
Michel VACCA

MessagePosté le: Sam Oct 20, 2007 8:19 pm    Sujet du message: Cascarini Family Répondre en citant

Children of Antonio CASCARINI and Angelarosa ARCARI :

Maria Carmela CASCARINI born 09/07/1861 (PICINISCO)
Luigi born 14/04/1865 (PICINISCO)
Filomena born 30/01/1868 (PICINISCO)
Ascenza born 09/05/1872 (PICINISCO)

Luigi CASCARINI born 14 april 1865 (PICINISCO) of Domenico CASCARINI and Angela Rosa ARCARI

Marriage :
1) Anna GIZZI born 11/10/1867 (PICINISCO) Died 17/12/1892 (PICINISCO) of Antonio GIZZI and Lucia ROSSI.
- Giuseppe CASCARINI born 1 January 1892 (PICINISCO)

2) Maria Carmela CAPALDI born 10/01/1876 (PICINISCO) Died : ? (NOT IN PICINISCO) of Pietro Antonio CAPALDI and Clementina ROSSI – Marriage : 10/12/1899 (PICINISCO)

3) Maria Assumpta D’AMBROSIO of Angelo D’AMBROSIO and Maria Teresa DI CIACCA – Marriage : 12/12/1903 (PICINISCO)

The parents of Luigi are thus: Antonio CASCARINI and Angela Rosa ARCARI
The name of Antonio CASCARINI and Annunziata BONO is an error. It is not a question of a first marriage of Antonio.

I would be interested to receive information on the descent of Luigi to supplement my files.
You can send them by Email : michel@vacca.be
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 31, 2008 5:15 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Jim

I'm really sorry it has taken me so long to reply to your message - its amazing how time flies when you don't want it to!

I don't know much about my Cascarini ancestors. My nearest Cascarini is my g g g g grandmother Maria Giuseppa who was married to Loreto Domenico Gizzi. Thier children, Serafina and Raffaele, were born in Picinisco in the 1840s. Unfortunately I don't know anything else about that family.

I do have your Luigi on my tree because he was married to Anna Gizzi who was also a distant relative. She was a sister of Dorotea Gizzi, who Loraine has posted about. Helene (another forum member) is also related to this family. It is thanks to Michel we have all found on another and are sharing info about our ancestors. Thanks Michel!!

I was looking at the other names and chuckling. Where I live there are loads of decendants of Picinisco families! I was at school with a D'Ambrosio, and there are dozens of Capaldis locally - all this in the West of Scotland!
helene teba

MessagePosté le: Ven Avr 04, 2008 8:52 am    Sujet du message: cascarini Répondre en citant

hi Jim,

welcome in the family!
I do agree with Marisa, it is thanks to Michel that we found cousins we did not know before, and we are able to share our informations about our ancestors.
Thank you very much Michel,

bye bye everybody,
Helene
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: