Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Artists near Picinisco

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Others / Autres / Altri
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
joel

MessagePosté le: Lun Fév 25, 2008 5:03 am    Sujet du message: Artists near Picinisco Répondre en citant

Hello,
I would like to learn more about artists living in and around Picinisco. I will be visiting in April and/or June of 2008 and am considering buying a place in the area. I would like to know about artists and people interested in art in the area, and would love to be in touch.

My wife is a painter and I am an artist/filmmaker. Looking foward to your posts.

Joel Palombo
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail
Tony Kehoe

MessagePosté le: Lun Fév 25, 2008 8:46 pm    Sujet du message: Artists Répondre en citant

Hi

I presume you already know about the long history of artists models from the area of Picinisco, the main reason why Lawrence went there.

Tony
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Adresse AIM
joel

MessagePosté le: Mer Fév 27, 2008 3:26 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Thanks Tony,
I'm not very informed about the artist's models from Picinisco. I did read a couple of lines on the forum about it though. What period was that?

Do you know of any artists in the area now? Or any good resources for connecting with artists in the area?

Thanks,

Joel
nico de marco

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 07, 2008 2:46 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I'm interested to know more abouut this too.

My family are from Picinisco on my father's side, and my father (Agostino) and I visted for the first time in years two years ago. I would like to buy a house in the village as well now, and I have just seen a few on the market which I need to find out more about. If anyone can help me with this process I would be very grateful.

I had previously read that many of the immigrants to England and Scotland from picinisco were boy models in the 19th considered to have very distinctive looks for artists.

I am a photographer and interested in artists and photographers in the region too.

Nick
Tony Kehoe

MessagePosté le: Sam Mar 08, 2008 12:18 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Sorry I have not got back sooner but I was away on business. I do not have many details re the models other than around 1860 onwards there were a number of people from the Picinisco area that went to Paris and Rome and became models. There is a report which supposes that the two models for Rodin's "The Kiss" were from Picinisco.

There is a record of a Pasquel Riozzi and his wife Eugenie in the 1891 census for Warner Street, Clerkenwell, London stating his profession was "Sit for artists", also on that census is a Fortunato Mancini with the same occupation.

Records at the Royal Academy also show a Pasquel Riozzi as being a model and also that he tried to start the first trade union for models.

One of my great great aunts also was a model in Birmingham around 1886.

Supposedly the people in the Comino areas had "classic looks" (possibly due to the fact they were not Roman but Samnite descent.) Cicereo (himself from the Val di Comino) described the area as being "an ancient land"

So its a good place to come from, good lookers and good talkers as well !

Tony
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Adresse AIM
joel

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 09, 2008 4:03 am    Sujet du message: Artist Models Répondre en citant

Thanks Tony,
Very interesting background on the models.

Joel
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Others / Autres / Altri Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: