Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Capaldi - Coppola

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Bob DiPaolo

MessagePosté le: Jeu Déc 29, 2005 9:29 pm    Sujet du message: Capaldi - Coppola Répondre en citant

Before the forum crashed, Michel Vacca was kind enough to respond to my question concerning ancestors of my grandparents, Ignazio Capaldi and Maria Leonilda Coppola of Picinisco. Fortunately, I saved a copy of his reponse and have attached it below so the information will be available to others and he does not have to type it in again.

Pietro COPPOLA born in 13/11/1857 to Picinisco
Parents : Michele Angelo COPPOLA and Teresa CAPALDI

Parents of Michele Angelo : Diamante COPPOLA and Antonia CAPALDI
Parents of Teresa CAPALDI : Tommaso Antonio CAPALDI and Giuseppa CAPALDI

Anna Maria COPPOLA born in 18/03/1862 to Picinisco
Parents : Domenico COPPOLA et Vincenza FRANCHI

Parents of Domenico COPPOLA : Diamante COPPOLA and Antonia CAPALDI
Parents of Vincenza FRANCHI : Francesco FRANCHI and Teresa CALLUCCI

Pietro and Anna Maria are cousins and married the 17/05/1884 to Picinisco

Pietro CAPALDI born in 12/03/1831 to Picinisco
Parents : Isidoro CAPALDI et Arcangela CERVI

Parents of Isidoro CAPALDI : Giacomo CAPALDI et Arcangela DI FELICE
Parents of Arcangela CERVI : Giuseppe et Concetta DEMARCO

Concetta CAPALDI born in 08/12/1845 to Picinisco
Parents : Giuseppe CAPALDI et Maria BONI

Parents de Giuseppe CAPALDI : Clemente CAPALDI et Benedetta PELOSI
Parents de Maria BONI : Luigi BONI et Fortunata ARCARI

Pietro and Concetta maried the 01/10/1863 to Picinisco
Stuart Capaldi
Invité

MessagePosté le: Dim Jan 08, 2006 11:02 am    Sujet du message: Capaldi - Coppola Répondre en citant

Hello Bob,

I noticed that you have a link between Capaldi and Coppola, and as detailed below, I have been attempting to establish the exact location of my grandfather's birth.

I am currently trying to establish some details of my grand father, Achille Capaldi, who arrived in Scotland, Edinburgh circa 1905.

He had relatives in Scotland, however I am not sure of their names or how he was related.

He worked in Munich, Germany prior to Scotland.

I believe he originally came from the Picinisco area of Italy. Born 1879

His father's name was Sante Capaldi

His mother's name was Angela Maria Fusco

He had cousins in Scotland named Coppolla and Gizzi?

His sisters emigrated to USA. Chicago and New York

Names of possible relatives in USA: Philomena, Angelina, Leondra (Had son named Larry) Emanuel, Carmelia (had daughter Carol) and Emil Di Salve

Any specific or general information on, Achille and/or his relatives or Italian immigration to Scotland from the Picinisco area would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Stuart Capaldi
Bob DiPaolo

MessagePosté le: Lun Jan 09, 2006 1:29 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Stuart, unfortunately I do not have any information linking my Capaldi line to yours, although I am confident those links exist if your grandfather came from Picinisco. If I learn anything further, I will be sure to share them with you.
Stuart Capaldi

MessagePosté le: Mar Jan 10, 2006 7:47 am    Sujet du message: Achille Capaldi Répondre en citant

Thanks Bob,

Any information or assistance would be much appreciated.
Invité

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 19, 2006 8:02 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Stuart

I was thinking - do you know any other information about your grandfather's sisters such as their husbands names. If you know their married names you could go to the Ellis Island site and look at ships manifests of immigrants into the US. These often pinpoint the birthplace of the immigrant. If you can find one of your grandfathers sisters - then it might just give you the village the family came from.

Good luck

Marisa
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 19, 2006 8:23 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I've just been having a quick look - and a lot of Capaldi immigrants to the US seemed to come from Villa Latina. I forgot to mention that the site is http://www.ellisisland.org/

Cheers

Marisa
Stuart Capaldi

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 22, 2006 11:49 am    Sujet du message: ellis island Répondre en citant

Hello Marisa,

Thanks for the reply and info Smile

I have accessed the ellis island site, unfortunately I do not have my grandfathers' sisters married names only their first names. I also do not have their ages which would also help.

I may be able to get some more info before I visit Picinisco in September, however if anyone can tell me the address and opening times of the local offices that may hold records, births, deaths and marrriages within the Picinisco area that would be helpful.

Please note that I intend expanding my search area to include a 40 Km triangle between Picinisco, Cassino and Isernia as I have noticed the Capaldi name appears popular in this area/region.

One curious point of interest that someone out there may be able to answer for me. What, who or where is the "Casale". I have noticed it on Demarco's photos web page and he refers to going to the Casale as a youngster also on maps there are various areas referrred as Casale.

thanks any info is good Cool

Stuart Capaldi
Lawrence

MessagePosté le: Mar Nov 06, 2007 1:22 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ho Bob
In your text there is mention of the Cervi family. My family originally came from Picinisco in about 1890. Luca Cervi married Adorralata DeFelice before they emigrated to Manchester, England. I know that they had one son before they left Picinisco and another in Manchester. One of those sons moved on to the USA and eventually became a New York policeman. Regretably I know little more until the time of my Grandfather Micheal Cervi. My father was Lawrence Cervi who was killed in Holland on Monday September 19th 1944. Do you know any more details about the Cervi family in Picinisco. Who were they ? what did they do ? and who were the DeFelice.

Kind regards

Lawrence Granger (formerly Cervi)
Bob DiPaolo

MessagePosté le: Dim Nov 11, 2007 1:35 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Lawrence, unfortunately I don't have any additional info on the Cervi or De Felice families, other than that Casa Lawrence was apparently owned by the Cervi family early last century (see www.casalawrence.it). Wish I could be of more help.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: