Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Gentile Family

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Woodworth

MessagePosté le: Mar Jan 03, 2006 9:35 pm    Sujet du message: Gentile Family Répondre en citant

Some of you will know from my messages on forums that I have been researching my family for some time now without success. I have been informed that my Great Grandfather Antonio Gentile and my Grandfather Girolomo Gentile were not born in Picinisco, although I remember my English Grandmother talking about a place called Pigeonisco outside of Naples, that is the only piece of information I have to go on. All my relatives died in England and I recently discovered that my Great Grandmother Camella or Caramelia, as she was named on her death certificate, died in 1923, aged 82 in Oswestry England. She came to England in 1917, my cousins said they had the visa, but they have lost it and they can’t remember any details, but they think it was issued in Naples. Could my Great Grandmother have an association with Picinisco, she might have been born there or married there, sadly I have no idea of her maiden name. My Grandfather Girolomo went to Philadelphia aboard the S.S. Haverford in 1904 and then on to a place called Elwyn PA, there is little information on the manifest, apart from what I already know. There is something like Roma written on the manifest, but it really doesn’t have any real significance, it doesn’t relate to anything. He returned to England before 1910 because my Uncle Antonio was born in Shrewsbury England in 1910. I have written to the Military Archives in Caserta to see if there is any trace of them there, my Great Grandfather may have served in the army, and my Grandfather may be listed as someone who failed to turn up for duty. I am awaiting a reply from Caserta, If you have any suggestions of what else I might try or do, please let me know.
Antonio Gentile born Italy about 1838 to 1845
Died Oswestry England 1917
Girolomo Gentile born Italy about 1867 – 1872
Died Chester England 1929
Carmella or Caramelia Gentile born Italy 1841
Died Oswestry 1923
Ages taken from information stated on various documents.

Thanks

George Woodworth Sad
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: