Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Searching for Grandfathers ancestors in Picinisco, Italy

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
elizmag

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 12, 2008 1:20 am    Sujet du message: Searching for Grandfathers ancestors in Picinisco, Italy Répondre en citant

Searching for my grandfathers parents. He was left at a doorstep of Lucia Valvona in Picinisco, Italy. Baptized there and than he was given to the family of Filomena Silla she had a biological daughter Maria Silla. They raised my grandfather Antonio Benedetto Maggiorino in Picinisco.
he was born approx. May 4th 1892. He married Elizabetta Fanone.
We have no information at all pertaining to his descendants.
Need help??????
Please contact with any information
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Michel VACCA

MessagePosté le: Mar Sep 16, 2008 7:06 pm    Sujet du message: Searching for Grandfathers ancestors in Picinisco, Italy Répondre en citant

Hello Eliz,

What have i found about your grandfather :

Benedetto Antonio was baptized the 06/05/1892 to PICINISCO, it would be a day or two earlier. It was found in the village of Antica to PICINISCO by Domenico Antonio MARCANTONIO. In baptism he received the name of Proietti, it was a name that gave the foundlings. Its godmother baptism was Maria LATTE. The name of MAGGIORINO arrived later, probably in the time of his majority, but this is without certainty.

I have not found about it to PICINISCO. Or by his marriage with Elisabetta FANONE.

But i found in books immigration American that it was party of Naples for New York on 16/04/1920. He arrived the 03/05/1920. It has been on the vessel "Canada". He was still celibate. He had $ 28 in pocket.

He said in the service of immigration that his at his brother Ettore TATTI (You know Ettore TATTI ?) It is go to Detroit, Michigan address: 266 Leland St. Detroit, Michigan. For the moment, i have no other information on Benedetto.

Do you or to Detroit area? Know this history?

If you have other information, please - me, if i can help you, i will do so with great pleasure.

Michel VACCA
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Svalvona2

MessagePosté le: Dim Juil 15, 2018 5:09 am    Sujet du message: Valvona Répondre en citant

I am VERY interested to learn more about this.
My 2nd great grandfather is Gaetano Valvona, he wrote journals about his life as an artists model and in parts, he describes his ?birth parents? - suggesting he was adopted at birth (1857).
He then speaks of his god parents, and how they were his biological parents.
He later contradicts this statement.
Meaning - there are lots of unanswered questions, and little evidence of any legal adoption.
Rosie Leonard

MessagePosté le: Dim Juil 15, 2018 2:19 pm    Sujet du message: Gaetano Valvona Répondre en citant

There are several records for Valvona in British records and especially those of the Anglo-Italian Family History Society. A G Valvona (son, b. 1867) shows on the 1881 census in Ediburgh. Names are often handed down. Gaetana Valvona was married in London in 1892 and, age 43, from Naples, appears on the 1901 census in London (occupation, Assistant Scripture), Frederick, son of Gaetani, was baptised in St Peter's Italian Church, Clerkenwell in 1883, Maria in 1888, Dominic in 1885 and Teresa in 1893 (married Masini in 1921). There is more on the family. I hope this helps with some pieces of the puzzle.
elizmag53

MessagePosté le: Ven Aoû 03, 2018 1:15 pm    Sujet du message: Re: Searching for Grandfathers ancestors in Picinisco, Italy Répondre en citant

elizmag a écrit:
Searching for my grandfathers parents. He was left at a doorstep of Maria Latte in Picinisco, Italy. Baptized there and than he was given to the family of Filomena Ciccoritti and Marcellino Ciccosillo. and she had a biological daughter Maria Ciccosillo.. They raised my grandfather Antonio Benedetto Maggiorino in Settefratti.
My nonno was born approx. May 4th 1892. He married Elizabetta Fanone.
We have no information at all pertaining to his descendants. The wetnurse for my grandfather was Giacinta Pelosi Valvona....She was married to Gaetano Liberatore Pelosi in Picinisco...
Need help??????
This information was updated 08/03/2018...
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail
elizmag53

MessagePosté le: Ven Aoû 03, 2018 1:19 pm    Sujet du message: Re: Searching for Grandfathers ancestors in Picinisco, Italy Répondre en citant

[Searching for my grandfathers parents. He was left at a doorstep of Maria Latte in Picinisco, Italy. Baptized there and than he was given to the family of Filomena Ciccoritti and Marcellino Ciccosillo. and she had a biological daughter Maria Ciccosillo.. They raised my grandfather Antonio Benedetto Maggiorino in Settefratti.
My nonno was born approx. May 4th 1892. He married Elizabetta Fanone.
We have no information at all pertaining to his descendants. The wetnurse for my grandfather was Giacinta Pelosi Valvona....She was married to Gaetano Liberatore Pelosi in Picinisco...
Need help??????
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail
Luke.davis99@icloud.com

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 21, 2020 10:28 pm    Sujet du message: Relative of Gaetano Valvona, want to learn more! Répondre en citant

I just came across this as I've been researching about my great great grandfather Gaetano Valvona, my dad has always spoken about him so I wanted to do some research.

For context, my relation to Gaetano is via my grandads mother, Rose Valvona.

If anyone here knows anything about Gaetano and some of my other relatives or can help point me in the right direction that would be great!
Tatanna

MessagePosté le: Jeu Oct 22, 2020 10:14 am    Sujet du message: Gaetano Répondre en citant

Do you have his date of birth and place of birth? I assume Picinisco but the DOB Is important.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Luke.davis99@icloud.com

MessagePosté le: Jeu Oct 22, 2020 11:24 am    Sujet du message: Gaetano Répondre en citant

I’m unsure on his full DOB but he was born around 1858
Tatanna

MessagePosté le: Jeu Oct 22, 2020 12:13 pm    Sujet du message: Gaetano Répondre en citant

There is a Gaetano Valvona born in 1857. Brother Michele who stayed in Italy. Sister Rosalia and Grandmotehr Rosalia. You should be able to find Gaetano on the antenati site. Records after 1865 are held only in Picinisco. At the town office and the church.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
nickcole

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 26, 2021 1:22 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

That shoyld be a pretty cool trip but for now I need to complete my literary analysis task, I believe professional writers could do that for me
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: