Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Pelosi - Tobia Marriage

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Carla_Scotland

MessagePosté le: Mer Jan 15, 2020 7:02 pm    Sujet du message: Pelosi - Tobia Marriage Répondre en citant

Hi,

Am looking for confirmation of a marriage between Domenico Pelosi and Filomena Tobia on 13 March 1884.

In particular looking for the names of parents of the couple.

Thanks for any help.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail
Michel VACCA

MessagePosté le: Mar Jan 21, 2020 5:39 pm    Sujet du message: Domenico PELOSI and Filomena TOBIA Répondre en citant

Domenico PELOSI born June 19, 1858 in Picinisco. Natural son of Raffaela PELOSI.
Filomena TOBIA born July 12, 1858 in Picinisco. Daughter of Orazio TOBIA and Serafina DI MARCO.
Marriage March 13, 1884 in Picinisco
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Carla_Scotland

MessagePosté le: Mar Jan 21, 2020 6:11 pm    Sujet du message: PELOSI - TOBIA Répondre en citant

If Raffaela Pelosi was his mother does that mean his father was unknown?

This confirms that the Domenico Pelosi who died in Cumberland, England is not the son of Giuseppe and Nicolina Pacitti.
Michel VACCA

MessagePosté le: Mar Jan 21, 2020 6:25 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Yes, Domenico was born to an unknown father.
The Domenico you mentioned was born on June 10, 1863.
I have doubts when you say that Domenico died in Cumberland. I am related to this Domenico and I can confirm that his family immigrated to France
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Carla_Scotland

MessagePosté le: Mar Jan 21, 2020 7:13 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Thanks, Michel. The information I have also shows the Domenico Pelosi, born June 10 1863 and son of Giuseppe and Nicolina Pacitti moved to France.

I needed confirmation that this second Domenico Pelosi is a different person as many Trees on Ancestry show him as Giuseppe and Nicolina's son so have linked him to the wrong Pelosi line.

Now all I have to do is find the birth of Giuseppe and Nicolina's 5th child, my great grandfather Giovanni Pelosi. His 4 older siblings and his younger brother were all born in Picinisco but it appears he wasn't. Is the Pacitti name local to Picinisco or is it from a neighbouring Comune? If she was from a nearby village maybe she was visiting family when Giovanni was born although I am surprised it was not added to the baptism records. As he was married and died outside Italy the priest would never have had to update records which might have found that the baptism was missing.

Thanks again for the help.
Michel VACCA

MessagePosté le: Mar Jan 21, 2020 7:37 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Giovanni was born around 1871 in Mondragone (near Naples) and died in Glasgow on December 10, 1936.
He married Maria Carmela PELOSI on September 4, 1902 in Manchester
Tatanna

MessagePosté le: Mer Jan 22, 2020 9:31 am    Sujet du message: Updating baptism records Répondre en citant

While some priests did notify the priest in the parish of residence of a family when the baptism occurred outside the parish it was not a requirement.
The baptism registers in the parish are records of baptisms that occurred in the parish.
The same for the death registers. They are not registers of the deaths of parishioners but rather a record of the funeral mass that occured in the parish. If a person died and was buried eleswhere his death would not be recorded.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Carla_Scotland

MessagePosté le: Mer Jan 22, 2020 8:26 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Michel,

Thank you very much for the information on Giovanni's birthplace. I would never thought of looking that far away and would have been searching through all the Comune around Picinisco.

The only reason I can think of why he would be born there is that the sheep the family had were taken to the coastal area north of Naples in the winter months because of the warmer weather there. The impression I got was that it was only the men who went with the sheep but perhaps that year Nicolina was with him or visited him and Giovanni was "accidentally" born there.

I'll be trying to get a copy of the birth/baptism certificate from Mondragone but can you tell me where you got the information from? Was it noted on someone else's records?

Also, out of curiosity how many different Pelosi lines have you found in Picinisco? I know the records prior to the mid 1500's were destroyed and they may have had common ancestors further back but I would be interested in finding out how many separate lines there are.

Thanks again for all the help. I am glad you have confirmed there were two different Domenico Pelosi's one, in my line, who left Picinisco for Paris and the other who came to Manchester and then moved on to Cumberland.
Tatanna

MessagePosté le: Jeu Jan 23, 2020 2:39 pm    Sujet du message: Mondragone Répondre en citant

It was probably noted on the parish census. The priest often made those kind of notations so he wouldn't be searching for non exisitent baptism records when they got married.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: