Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Wartime in Picinisco and UK

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Others / Autres / Altri
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Tony Kehoe

MessagePosté le: Lun Fév 03, 2014 10:45 am    Sujet du message: Wartime in Picinisco and UK Répondre en citant

A friend of mine is writing a book re the 2nd World war and would like to include some reference to the effect it had on Italians then living in the UK and also on families still in Italy. I have supplied him with some details about my family (Riozzi) then in Liverpool and also details about the Arandorra Star. Does anyone have any further information I could pass to him.
Tony
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Adresse AIM
michaellennox

MessagePosté le: Sam Nov 10, 2018 8:34 pm    Sujet du message: Re: Répondre en citant

Great thread! I value your input! It's a real enjoyment to read your exclusive opinions!
Carla_Scotland

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mar 14, 2019 1:49 am    Sujet du message: Wartime in Italy Répondre en citant

Hi,

Just before he died my dad, Ernest Salveta, finished telling part of his life story, to my brother. From being a small child in Paris and Picinisco, through the war years in Picinisco, refugee camps in Rome and Naples and then finally coming to Scotland and meeting my mother. He was born 1928 so too young to fight but has stories of dealing with the Germans stationed in Picinisco. It has been typed up into a document but is not a formal book. Let me know if this would be of interest and I can email you a copy.

Carla Salveta
Peter McCaig

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 09, 2019 2:56 am    Sujet du message: The Scots-Italians by Joe Pieri Répondre en citant

I'd recommend "The Scots-Italians' as a great read and insight into the history of Italian immigration to Scotland.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Scots-Italians-Recollections-Immigrant-Joe-Pieri/dp/1841830879/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=The+Scots+Italians&qid=1560011381&s=gateway&sr=8-2
sandra28

MessagePosté le: Jeu Jan 21, 2021 11:20 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I wish him good luck with his book writing!
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Others / Autres / Altri Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: