Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Gizzi origins

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
lisa goudie

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 05, 2009 6:59 pm    Sujet du message: Gizzi origins Répondre en citant

Hi, I am looking for any information regarding my great grandfather. His name was Luigi Gizzi and he and his brother Guiseppe came over from Italy to North Wales (where I live) in the early 1900's. I am keen to find out where in Italy they came from and for what reason they came here. My great grandfather fathered 22 children here in North wales between 2 women!! My grandmother O'Linda May Gizzi (who became Talbot) was one of them but is now deceased. I know Luigi was well known in the Rhyl area of North Wales and I have been told that his nickname was Coco the clown as he used to walk up the high street on stilts!! His brother is responsible for producing the Gizzi builders that we have here in the area. I have no other information I'm sorry - due to either no relatives being alive or lack of contact with other Gizzi relatives. I am stuyding Accounting and Italian and will be coming to Italy in September with my brother for 12 months on a work placement. I am very keen to gather some information about my past and where I originate from in Italy. Many thanks for any help offered.
Kind regards
Lisa Goudie (nee Talbot)
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail
Michel VACCA

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 09, 2009 3:47 pm    Sujet du message: Gizzi origins Répondre en citant

Hello,

I has the complete genealogy of the Picinisco GIZZI, unfortunately many have a son Luigi with a brother Giuseppe.
Do you have information on your grandfather ?

Michel VACCA
www.picinisco.net
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Ven Avr 10, 2009 10:48 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Lisa

I think you are going to have to find either a date of birth for your great grandfather, or perhaps his parents names. Welsh death certificates from the period when he is likely to have died do not list the parents names, so a better bet is his marriage certificate. I am picking up Olinda's birth in the parish of St Asaph in 1921. There was a 'Louis Gizzi' who married in the same parish in the quarter Jan-Mar 1908. According to the index it is in Volume 11b, page 437 of the registration book for that year. This certificate might be worth looking at if the dates and places make sense to you. If you can get Luigi's father's name then it will be a bit easier for Michel to narrow down the possibilites.

There is also a 'Lewis Gizzie' who won a medal fighting with the Royal Welsh Fusiliers in WWI. Could this be your Luigi perhaps?

Marisa
lisa goudie

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 11, 2009 9:26 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ciao Marisa e Michel,
thankyou so much for responding to me and being so helpful. I am awaiting some information (hopefully!) from the Births deaths and marriages department in Rhyl - they are not what I would call helpful exactly!! the information you have on Olinda is correct - the marriage in 1908 of Louie Gizzi could be my great grandfather as I know he did marry over here but I am not sure of the name of my great grandmother all I know is she was from Anglesey. It definately won't be the Lewis Gizzie, Royal Welsh Fusiliers. As soon as I have received some information I will forward it to you. I cannot believe how difficult and time consuming it is to get the date of birth of my great grandfather!! Where did you get all that information from, that's fantastic??
Many thanks, and I will be in touch with more information hopefully soon.
Tanti saluti
Lisa
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mar Avr 14, 2009 1:30 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Lisa

The info I have comes from a mixture of Ancestry.co.uk and The National Archives.

If the BMD place in Rhyl doesn't come up with anything your next best bet might be to wait for the 1911 census. It has been released a couple of years early for England and Wales. Wales isn't online yet, but they promise it will be by the end of the summer. That should have the entire household with any children born between the marriage and 1911. It should also give a rough year of birth for Luigi with possibly a location in Italy (but don't hold your breath!), his occupation and address. It might also be that his brother is living nearby. Although the end of the summer isn't far away, it can seem like eternity when you are waiting for that wee bit of information that you need Rolling Eyes

Can you get hold of your grandmother's birth or marriage certificate? That might give her mother's name.

Marisa
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mar Avr 14, 2009 1:44 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I'm looking on Freebmd at the index page for Louis Gizzi's marriage in 1908. There are two marriages on the page - so two grooms and two brides. From the index I can't tell which bride belongs to which groom - but the names of the two brides are Edith Eleanor Griffiths, and Agnita May Hughes. Do either of these look familiar

Marisa
lisa goudie

MessagePosté le: Mar Avr 14, 2009 1:57 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ciao Marisa, thanks for the info, I have access to the BMD and have seen those entries but without the dob of my great grandfather and my great grandmothers name I am a bit stuck. I am still awaiting a copy of my grandmothers birth certificate from BMD - which I hope will arrive this week sometime - I have sent the cheque and paperwork last week so we shall see. I cannot verify whether any of those entries are relevent to me as with the amount of Gizzi/Gizzie's that are on BMD site - I do know my grandmother had 7 brothers and a sister but I only know the names of a few of them. I hope to get as much info as I can before I move to Italy in September but at this rate - I may have turned blue!!!!
Thanks for your help anyway - will post the details once/if I get them.
Grazie mille
Ciao Lisa
Sian

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 07, 2016 6:56 pm    Sujet du message: Gizzi from Wales Répondre en citant

My grandmother was Agnes Gizzi from Mold N Wales. Father amd mother are Camille Gizzi and Agnes Gizzi (ORourke). Their children
Winifred, Theresa, Katie, Niccolina, and possibly a son that died very young. They also took in a son from Agnes sister. He possibly died very young as well. My grandmother Married Thomas Williams from Mold N Wales. My mother Caroline Williams was born in N Wales. Related to gangster John Gizzi from Rhyl too. I think his father was in construction. Also related to Tony DePonio Peter DePonio married Katie Gizzi.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: