Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Lanni's in Picinisco (Lorenci Lanni Born Est 1852)

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Stuart Lannie

MessagePosté le: Lun Sep 03, 2012 6:01 pm    Sujet du message: Lanni's in Picinisco (Lorenci Lanni Born Est 1852) Répondre en citant

Hi,

My great great Grandfather Laurence Lanni or Lorenci Lannie was mentioned to of come from Picinisco.

He settled in Scotland and on his Wedding Night to Margaret Powell,a Murder took place in Rodney Street Glasgow where a man called Palombo killed Andrea Luciano.

His Best man was Carmine Boni and is from Picinisco.

Lorenci was born est 1852 and his Parents were Michael Lanni and Tersea Lanni, maiden name Pasita

If anyone can help locate where my family came from, I would be most grateful

Any info welcome,

Regards

Stuart Lannie
Michel VACCA

MessagePosté le: Mer Sep 05, 2012 3:16 pm    Sujet du message: Lorenzo LANNI Répondre en citant

Hello

Indeed Lorenzo LANNI is well born in Picinisco, the hamlet of s. Giuseppe. His father was Michele LANNI and his Mother Teresa PACITTI. Lorenzo was born on 10/08/1850.

Can you give me any information about the case bonus, I did not understand who killed who?

Michel
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Stuart Lannie

MessagePosté le: Mer Sep 05, 2012 5:00 pm    Sujet du message: Thanks Répondre en citant

Hi Michel,

During the Wedding Party which Loreto Palombo was a guest, he and another man called Luigui Marcantonio were asked to leave,

Loreto Palombo stabbed Andrea Luciano who died almost instantly. He also stabbed Michael Gizzi in the leg.

Andrea Was Lorenzo's new brother in law that night as Andrea was married to Margaret Powells Sister

Palombo was Found Guilty and sentenced to be hanged.

He got a reprieve because Fanny Hamill, the Maid of Honour,who was his Girlfriend, pleaded for him to be saved and he was.

Cheers

Stu Lannie
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 07, 2012 8:20 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Stuart - Lorenzo Marcantonio who was accused and found innocent was my great great grandfather, and Loreto Palombo, who was found guilty was his brother in law. I'll dig out some of my stuff and get back to you later

Marisa xx
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 07, 2012 9:01 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Michel - the person killed was Andrea Luciano (son of Alessandro Luciano and Angelina Pasatura).

The person stabbed and injured, but who lived, was Michele Gizzi (son of Vincenzo Gizzi and Pasqua Valente).

The murderer was Loreto Palombo (son of Giuseppe Palombo and Serafina Gizzi).

Accused and found innocent was Lorenzo Marcantonio (son of Fulgenzio Marcantonio and Maria Luigia Capocci).
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 07, 2012 9:27 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Andrea Luciano would have been born around 1869. He was married to Catherine Powell (daughter of James Powell), and was 21 when he died.

The wedding was between Margaret Powell (Catherine's sister) and Lorenzo Lanni, and took place at Rodney Street in Glasgow on the 3rd November 1890.
Stuart Lannie

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 07, 2012 4:19 pm    Sujet du message: Thanks Marisa Répondre en citant

Hi Marisa,

Thanks for the posts.

It is great to communicate with a descendant involved the case.

This was never mentioned to our Family, Lorenzo Lanni was my Great Great Grandfather and I am enjoying the journey in tracing him to his home town,Picinisco.

Great to talk to you

Regards

Stuart Lanni
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 07, 2012 4:38 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Stuart

Great to talk to you too. I have lots of stuff about this case. The problem is I'm having building work done to the house at the moment, and all of my notes are in about a thousand different boxes spread obetween my house, my dads and my mother-in-laws. I will find it, I promise!

We knew absolutely nothing about Loreto either. He was kept a secret from us. My grandmother had been told her grandmother was an only child, and there was never, ever any mention of the fact that her grandfather had been involved in such a horrible crime. There were tiny snippets of storied in the family - but nothing compared to the reality.

I found Loreto on the 1901 census to start with, and was intrigued as I had been told my g g grandmother had no siblings. I looked further and found him on the 1891 census - in prison. After that I was hooked. It took me a while to find out what he had actually done. My grandmother refused to believe he existed, and got so upset about it I eventually told her I had made a mistake.

It appears that far too much alcohol was drunk at the wedding, and Loreto (who from what I can gather was a bit of a hothead who had been in trouble before) was asked to leave when he became disruptive after he thought someone was chatting up his girlfriend. He was put out, and his girlfriend stayed. He came back and shouted to them to come out and fight him. Andrea Luciano went out first and Loreto stabbed him. Michele Gizzi tried to stop him and was stabbed in the thigh.

As an aside, Loreto's neice (Lorenzo Marcantonio's daughter) ended up married to a relative of Lorenzo Lanni. I don't know the exact relationship - but I will find out!

I'll speak to you later when I get more stuff.

Marisa xx
Stuart Lannie

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 07, 2012 4:56 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Thanks Marisa,

I look forward to reading your notes.

Hope the renovations go well

Speak soon

Stuart Lanni

Smile
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mer Sep 12, 2012 9:44 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Still looking, Laughing

Incidentally - member PaulineC is Carmine Boni's great great grand daughter. Its a small world!
larry

MessagePosté le: Ven Avr 03, 2015 8:38 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

hope I can help. My grandfather was Luigi Lanni from Picinisco. Turn of the century he moved to portobello scotland and father Lorenzo Lanni was born 1902. They later moved back to Picinisco My grandmother was a Marcantonio My father came to the Us in 1927 new york. I am Larry Lanni , youngest son and live in Palm Harbor Florida. There were several Lanni families in my home town of Port Chestere NY, but the last names were spelled differently although all came from Picinisco
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail
twim64

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 27, 2015 4:58 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Well this is an interesting read. I'm Dan Marcantonio and am trying to gather my family tree on my fathers side (Marcantonio) and am a little confused, but hoping you can help fill in the blanks. My grandfather was Luigi Marcantonio from Picinisco (1923-2009) and had a sister Maria and brother Umberto. Their father was Lorenzo Marcantonio (1898-1989) who married Angelina Lanni (1900-1992) both of which were my great grandparents. They all eventually settled in here in USA (Michigan). Do you happen to know if my relatives are part of the above?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: