Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Lanni's in Picinisco

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
carolegif

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 18, 2012 10:01 am    Sujet du message: Lanni's in Picinisco Répondre en citant

I am researching my sister in laws family tree. Her great grandfather was Antonio (Anthony) Lanni who was born in Picinisco but came to England around 1880 and lived in Manchester. His brother Pietro went to America to live with an uncle in New York and a sister went to live in Scotland. There was also a sister Mariannina (Santilli) who lived in London. Their father was Carl Lanni who had a barber's shop in Picinisco, I have nor birth date but he died in March 1913. I do not know the name of his wife.

I have a letter from 1964 written by a Rolando Pelosi who said that at that time an Antonio Lanni and a Carlo Lanni (Carl's father and uncle?) lived in a village called Antica.

I hope someone can help me fill in the gaps.

Carole
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Tatanna

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juil 26, 2012 10:23 am    Sujet du message: Antica Répondre en citant

I searched the parish census of 1853 and in the village of Antica there is a family of Carlo Lanni. One of his sons had sons named Carlo and Antonio (born in 1886 & 1892) but no Pietro. The sister is Maria Assunta.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
carolegif

MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 27, 2012 1:45 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Thank you very much for the information. I think that Pietro was Carlo senior'sbrother. He definitely existed as I have pictures of him before and after he went to America - what a difference!
I think that Antonio is the right one, I believe his brother went to the US, that could have been Carlo.

Is there any mention of Carlo's wife in the census? I do not have a name for her.

Many thanks

Carole Laughing
Tatanna

MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 27, 2012 2:48 pm    Sujet du message: Lanni Répondre en citant

Hi Carole
I am a professional researcher living near Picinisco and research there regularly.
When I do a search I take photos of the records so you have a copy. I just looked up this family to make sure you are searching the right town. I am sure you know the Picinisco records from 1809-1865 have been microfilmed and can be ordered and searched at any Family History Centre in the world. For records after 1865 you either need someone like me to go there and get them OR you write to the town and request the copies you need.
The parish census was created in 1853 and updated with births etc until 1899 or so. The parents the Grandparents names and the wife and other children are included including their birthdates. Effectively this takes you back to the late 1700's with one document.
Ann Tatangelo
angelresearch.wordpress.com
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
JCapaldi

MessagePosté le: Lun Juil 30, 2012 12:32 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hello,

I have seen a Pietro Lanni traveling to Port Chester NY to stay with Uncle Felice Lanni. Pietro's Mother was called Caterina. Felice was married to Maria Capone and had a Brother called Antonio Lanni, who was married to a Loreta!

I believe the Family were from the Settefrati Village of Picinisco!
J Capaldi
Michel VACCA

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 06, 2012 4:25 pm    Sujet du message: Antonio LANNI Répondre en citant

Antonio parents were Carlo LANNI and Rosalia CAPOCCI.
Carlo was married twice.

Here is the information:

Carlo Maria LANNI di Giuseppe LANNI and Rosa ROSSI
11/09/1843 Picinisco
+
Rosalia CAPOCCI di Gerardo CAPOCCI and Maria DI LUCA
26/06/1853 - 22/03/1889

Marriage : 03/02/1878 Picinisco

- Antonio Maria Luigi
21/07/1879 Picinisco
- Domenica
26/09/1882 Picinisco
-------------------------
Carlo Maria LANNI di Giuseppe LANNI and Rosa ROSSI
11/09/1843 Picinisco
+
Caterina SINAGOGA di Vincenzo and Maria LANNI
26/05/1866

Marriage : 26/07/1889 Picinisco

- Rosalia
01/07/1892 Picinisco - 22/10/1894 Picinisco
- Gerardo
20/11/1893 Picinisco - 10/12/1893 Picinisco
- Anna Maria
08/07/1898 Picinisco
- Maria Domenica
07/01/1900 Picinisco
- Ettore Nunziato
26/03/1902 Picinisco
- Pietro Paolo
28/06/1904 Picinisco
sp. Fiorenza LANNI di Giovanni LANNI and Maria Cristina MARCANTONIO - Marriage : 19/04/1925 Picinisco
Pietro left Picinisco at the age of 16 for New York. He arrived in New York on 21/08/1920. He went to France (Cherbourg)

Pietro died in May 1978 in Westchester N - Y

- Giuseppe Carmine Antonio
10/01/1906 Picinisco
- Michele
09/05/1907 Picinisco
- Michele Angelo
../../.... - 10/01/1907 Picinisco
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Santilli61

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 29, 2014 9:25 am    Sujet du message: Re Lanni Répondre en citant

[quote="carolegif"]I am researching my sister in laws family tree. Her great grandfather was Antonio (Anthony) Lanni who was born in Picinisco but came to England around 1880 and lived in Manchester. His brother Pietro went to America to live with an uncle in New York and a sister went to live in Scotland. There was also a sister Mariannina (Santilli) who lived in London. Their father was Carl Lanni who had a barber's shop in Picinisco, I have nor birth date but he died in March 1913. I do not know the name

Carole
]Hi carol,
Marianinn lanni ( santilli) was my husbands grandmother , she went to Glasgow when she married gaetano santilli, he died in 1930 of tb and she was left with 15 children to bring up, she came to london and she had cafés and ice cream parlours where they made ice cream in the basement of the shop in islington one was called the Jubilee cafe and one the Court cafe....she died in 1968 2 of her sons one 24 one 28 Giovanni and Alfredo died in a house fire in 1960 together trying to save the oldest sister Anita........I have some photographs of the brother tht went to America Peter my husband is named after him, and of marianina , the uncle tht lived in America was from a place in New York called Port Chester if I can be of any more help please email me
Kindest regards Gina Santilli
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail
carolegif

MessagePosté le: Lun Aoű 18, 2014 3:11 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Gina,

I will pass this information on to Hilda Little, who is Antonio's granddaughter. She lost touch with Mariannina but was contacted in the 1960's by one of her children (a son).

If you have any pictures, that would be great. You could send them to my email address: carolegif@yahoo.co.uk.

Many thanks for the information, and if you need any, please do not hesitate to ask.

Carole
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: