Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Colarossi

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
GlennWill

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 06, 2011 6:41 pm    Sujet du message: Colarossi Répondre en citant

From 1870, the Colarossi Academy in Paris was for many years one of the most famous and prestigious private, fee-paying, art schools in Paris.

Its owner, Filippo Colarossi, born 21.4.1841, was a native of Picinisco

Colarossi retired to Piscinisco in the early 1900s, where he presumably died and was buried.

Is there anyone in Picinisco or knows someone in Picinisco that can find and take good photos of Colarossi's gravestone? Perhaps the cemetery as well, just to give an idea of his last resting place.

Any fresh ideas on this topic and how to tackle it would be most welcome.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Tatanna

MessagePosté le: Jeu Jan 05, 2012 11:17 pm    Sujet du message: Colarossi Répondre en citant

I search parish records in Picinisco regularly. You might wnat to read the piece about cemeteries on my website. It is unlikley that you will find a grave although not impossible if he was rich enough.
It is also possible to research the family back to the 1500's in the parish records.
angelresearch.wordpress.com
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
GlennWill

MessagePosté le: Sam Jan 07, 2012 5:54 pm    Sujet du message: Colarossi Répondre en citant

First and foremost, thank you for your response. Not everyone can be bothered, so it's nice that you took the time to write.

According to an acquaintance in France, Colarossi died a wealthy man. His son and inheritor died in the the 1960s which leads my French contact to believe that a grave may well still exist.

Can you give me some idea of how much it would cost to find out whether Colarossi did indeed return to Picinisco and, if so, the details of his death - where, when, cause, burial place etc. - as far as can be found? We are not really interested in the extended history of the family through many generations past and future. As far as genealogy goes, our interest only
extends to Filippo Colarossi, his parents, siblings, progeny and no further.

Best regards,
Glenn
Cesidio Di Ciacca

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 22, 2013 10:08 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I recently visited the Colarossi family home in Picinisco. It is abandoned and broken down. Bit Pro. Michele Santulli from Cassino would like to raise a fund to create a memorial to the Colarossi's
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail
GlennWill

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 22, 2013 6:30 pm    Sujet du message: Colarossi family home. Répondre en citant

I find it very interesting indeed that you have visited the Colarossi home. Are you related to the family?

What a shame that the house of such enterprising people has been reduced to to the state you describe. They really do merit some belated recognition of their part in the history and development of art.

Tell me, did you take any photos of the building? If so, I would be very grateful if you would let me see some of them.

I have come across and read some of Michele Santulli's articles on Ciociarian history. He seems well placed to raise the fund you mention. Perhaps the best memorial would be to renovate the derelict house - if possible - and open it as a local museum telling the story of the Colarossis, with Angelo and Filippo foremost.

Do you know what kind of memorial Michele Santulli has in mind?
Cesidio Di Ciacca

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 22, 2013 7:14 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Michele would love to raise a fund to renovate the house and create a museum. Raising the funds will be very difficult.

I'm sorry but I did not take any photos. Nor am I related. Next time I pass I will try to remember to take some photos.

You do know that Gilippo's grandson, Angelo Jnr. Was the model for the statue of Eros (actually named The Angel of Christian Charity) in Piccadilly Circus.
GlennWill

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 22, 2013 8:30 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Yes, please do take some photos as I am keen to see how dilapidated the house is.

A small correction, if you will forgive me, but Angelo Jnr was in fact Filippo's nephew.

I sincerely hope that Michele succeeds. Are you involved in the fundraising?
Cesidio Di Ciacca

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 22, 2013 8:47 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

No I am not. Can you help. Can you explain your interest.
GlennWill

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 23, 2013 1:26 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I am researching the life of the artist Gustava Grüner, a student at the Colarossi Academy in Paris.

Initially, I could find little information on Filippo and his academy. Googling and visits to the library began to reveal more and more. A message that I posted on a genealogy forum alerted a Parisian genealogist to my problem. He was also interested in Colarossi and was willing and able to search the relevant archives in Paris. Later, a Canadian hopped onboard, adding his own contributions.

Together, we have found quite an amount of information. Our Canadian contact has the whole Colarossi family as his primary focus, while my French contact and my good self are mostly concerned with Filippo.

With regard to fundraising, I am afraid that I cannot help financially. Not directly.

However, just sitting her now, it seems to me that there must be numerous routes down which Michele can go. A simple google such as - museum fundraising - threw up a number of good ideas/sources.
Cesidio Di Ciacca

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 23, 2013 5:38 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Thank you. I shall let him know and pass onto you any information I learn.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: