Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

D'Ambrosio family, picinisco and scotland

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
nicole d'ambrosio

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 14, 2012 12:12 pm    Sujet du message: D'Ambrosio family, picinisco and scotland Répondre en citant

Hi,
I have recently joined the forum. I have been looking for information on the Capaldi family and the D'ambrosios.

There is such a wealth of interesting information on the Capaldi family, and have found Stuart Capaldi's site tremendously helpful.

the d'ambrosios, however, are more elusive.......

My paternal grandfather was ELEUTERIO D'AMBROSIO, m SANTA CAPALDI,
He had a brother, CAMILLO, who married MARIA (CARMELA) CAPALDI.
There was also a sister, LUCREZIA, who married DOMENICO CROLLA.

Their parents were ANGELO D'AMBROSIO and COSTANZA PACITTI or FACCENDA.

And that is all the information I can find. I wonder if ELEUTERIO had any other brothers and sisters, were they related to the D'AMBROSIO who married LANNI? to the D'ambrosio who married CASCARINI in Swansea?

Any information would be most welcome. there seem to be lots of d'ambrosio's around at the turn of the 20th century, but I can't make the link to any of them.

Hopefully
Nicole
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
JCapaldi

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 14, 2012 5:02 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Can you tell me what part of the UK they settled (births, marriages, etc) and who?
JCapaldi

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 14, 2012 5:10 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I found a Francesco D'Ambrosio who married a Francesca Lanni, 1887 in Croydon!?
nicole d'ambrosio

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 14, 2012 5:13 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

my grandfather and his brother and sister were all at one time in and around glasgow. his brohter's family remained in scotland mostly but I don't know what happened to his sister and her family.

I can't really link them to other picinisco families - something that seems so straightforward with my mother's capaldi line.

thanks for replying!
nicole
Stuart Capaldi

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 15, 2012 4:13 pm    Sujet du message: D'Ambrosio Capaldi Picinisco Répondre en citant

Hello Nicole

Thanks for your comments about my web page.

Is this your grandfather's brother's family?

1901 Census Scotland

Living at 388 Rutherglen Road, Glasgow

D D’Ambrosio Head age 40 ? b Italy British Naturalised
Maria Wife 30? b Italy British Naturalised
Liza Daughter 9 b Glasgow
Pasco Son 7 b Glasgow
Margaret Daughter 6 b Glasgow
Donan Son 1 b Glasgow

If so they were married on 27 September 1890 in Picinisco

It would be useful if you could put some dates to the people in your family.

Thanks
nicole d'ambrosio

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 16, 2012 9:34 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi stuart,
thank you for your reply, although I don't think this is my father's family. I'm really looking to trace them further back, but finding it difficult.

My maternal grandmother was Domenica Capaldi born 12.01.1880 (No. 6 on your Tommaso Capaldi file).

On the Clemente Capaldi family tree document, my great grandparents are the children of Giuseppe Filippo Capaldi (b 1805) and Maria Bono (b 1809). Sabato was the father of Domenica, above. Raffaele, who married Restituta di Ciacca, was the father of my Paternal grandmother, Santa Capaldi, born probably sometime between 1870 and 1880, who married Eleuterio D'ambrosio.

My maternal grandfather was Domenico Capaldi, born 1874, son of Pietro Angelo Capaldi and Clementina Rossi. I can trace him further back. I also know that he had a sister, Mezia, who married Orazio, son of Raffaele Capaldi and Restituta di Ciacca. But I don't know about any other siblings or any other links.

I can feel myself becoming a little addicted to this ......
Thanks for your help,
Nicole
Stuart Capaldi

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 16, 2012 10:22 am    Sujet du message: D'Ambrosio Capaldi Picinisco Répondre en citant

Nicole

Thanks for the Capaldi connections to me and yes it does become addictive.

I have further checked the people on the above census and confirm that they are Camillo D'Ambrosio and his wife, maiden name Maria Capaldi.

Liza is actually Lucia and on her birth certificate their marriage is 27 September 1890 Picinisco.

Hopefully Michel Vacca may be able to help as he may have the details of this marriage between Camillo D'Ambrosio born about 1861 and Maria Capaldi.

Michel

Can you assist with the details of the parents and grandparents of Camillo D'Ambrosio?

Thanks
nicole d'ambrosio

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 16, 2012 11:23 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Wow!! that's right! I had discounted him because he was D not C - I didn't know who LIZA was or DONAN but he is clearly antonio!
Thank you so much,
Nicole
Stuart Capaldi

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 16, 2012 11:58 am    Sujet du message: D'Ambrosio Capaldi Picinisco Répondre en citant

Nicole

Yes it is sometimes difficult to read the entries on census forms and people do not always use their birth names.

I have checked my tree against the information that you have given me

Santa Capaldi married to Eleuterio D’ambrosio is my Half 2nd cousin 3x removed.

Domenica Capaldi your maternal grandmother is my 3rd cousin 2x removed

Also could your Pietro Angelo Capaldi have been married twice?

As I have a Pietro Angelo Capaldi b 1831 married to Concetta Capaldi b 1845

Thanks
nicole d'ambrosio

MessagePosté le: Mar Sep 04, 2018 5:52 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I am still searching for information about my D'ambrosio family. Several of them came to Edinburgh in the late 19th and early 20th century. My grandfather was Eleuterio D'ambrosio. We always knew that he had a brother, Camillo, living in Glasgow. I have, however, discovered that there were three other siblings living here - a sister, Lucrezia who married Crolla, a brother Lorenzo, who married Pelosi and another brother Geremia (or Gennaro?) who married di Marco. (Interestingly, none of the cousins that I know have ever heard about these three) Their parents were Angelo and Costanza Pacitti. From the Census and the birth, marriage and death records, I can see that there were other D'ambrosios from Picinisco living close by in Scotland and I wonder if these were cousins? The population of Picinisco was small and it seems logical that the families were all related. I'm interested to know if anyone knows whether Angelo, my great grandfather, had any brothers or sisters who emigrated to UK? Or does anyone have any information about the D'Ambrosios in Picinisco at that time - around 1870?
NicoDAmbrosio78

MessagePosté le: Dim Fév 19, 2023 8:18 am    Sujet du message: Francesco D’Ambrosio and Francesca Lanni Répondre en citant

JCapaldi a écrit:
I found a Francesco D'Ambrosio who married a Francesca Lanni, 1887 in Croydon!?

Hello

I’m brand new here, have been trying to find more family members for years.
Francesco D’Ambrosio and Francesca Lanni are my great great grandparents. My Great grandfather Nicola known later as Nicholas is one of their younger sons born 1900 in Hamilton Scotland. His daughter Gloria was my grandmother and passed in 1998. I know Francesco’s eldest daughter was Angelantonia born 1888 known as Angelina. She raised my grandmother when Nicholas died in 1935. I don’t know what happened to her mother. But my father knew Angelina as granny lee as all the kids called her that. Nicholas had another daughter Maria who passed in 2015 at 94. We knew her as aunty Molly. I know Nicholas had brothers Alfonso Giovanni and Vincenzo and two more sisters younger than Angelantonia Isabella and Maria. My father tells me of another known as a Clara ? Who moved to America with Maria. I’m not 100 percent on Clara’s origin. Perhaps a cousin or a younger sibling of Nicholas born after the 1901 census. The only one I’ve been able to access.

I hope someone reads this..
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: