Picinisco
Picinisco
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Giacinta Gizzi

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
rbdl62d

MessagePosté le: Lun Sep 21, 2009 2:47 am    Sujet du message: Giacinta Gizzi Répondre en citant

I am looking for any information on my gggrandmother Giacinta Gizzi. All I have so far is that she was born abt 1871 in Italy, she married Francisco Cruciani in 1888 in Liverpool, Lancashire, she then married Albert Tognocchi in 1909 in Bournemouth, Hampshire. She died in 1918 in Bournemouth. I am waiting for a copy of her marriage certificate to Francisco.
I would greatly appreciate any information on the Gizzi or Cruciani family.

Thank you,
Becky Turner-Dalziel
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail
Michel VACCA

MessagePosté le: Mar Sep 22, 2009 1:20 pm    Sujet du message: Giacinta GIZZI Répondre en citant

I have unfortunately not found of Giacinta GIZZI born in Picinisco in 1871. They had some GIZZI in common neighbours Vallegrande and Villa Latina. In principle they were originating in Picinisco. Do you know the name of Giacinta parents ?

Michel VACCA
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
rbdl62d

MessagePosté le: Mer Sep 23, 2009 12:27 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

No, I do not know the name of her parents. I am hoping to obtain that information from the marriage certificate though.

Thank you for your response. When I receive the certificate, I will post the information.

Becky Turner-Dalziel
rbdl62d

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 11, 2009 4:05 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I have finally received the marriage certificiate of Giacinta Gizzi, it states:

April 19th 1888

Francisco Cruciani age 27 of 7 Hunter St Liverpool
father John Cruciani occupation Merchant

Giacinta Gizzi age 19 of 7 Hunter St Liverpool
father Nunziato Gizzi occupation Musician

Strange that they have they address..
lucente

MessagePosté le: Jeu Nov 12, 2009 9:03 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi
Regarding Hunter Street Liverpool,
Hunter Street is in the heart of Liverpool's Little Italy area.
the 1891 census has number 6 Hunter Street recorded as a lodging house.
there is no number 7 recorded, but as number 6 has over 50 people residing there I would expect that number 7 was part of this lodging house.
regards
Ann Lucente
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
rbdl62d

MessagePosté le: Jeu Nov 12, 2009 11:04 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The certitficate looks like it might read "7 C Hunter St"
Thank you so much for the information about the lodging house. I wanted to try to find a census that corresponds with the address, because I have no other record of Francisco Cruciani except for the certificate am having great trouble with him. Which is unfortunate as he is my great great grandfather.
lucente

MessagePosté le: Jeu Nov 12, 2009 11:41 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Again
7 C Hunter Street would probably mean 7 court Hunter Street, these courts ran off the main street, and various houses were occupied by several families.
I will look on the census and see if I can find any info for you, I have the same problem trying to find my husbands Lucente/Frangioni family's origin in Italy. The Valvona family from Picinisco who are related to us lived in Hunter St at one time. will write again soon

regards
Ann Lucente
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 18, 2009 3:28 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Becky

I don't know if it is of any use, but there is a Nunziato Gizzi aged 79 on the 1901 census whose occupation is given as 'itinerant musician'. He might not be your Nunziato. His wife is Maria, and she was 61. They were both born in Italy and were Italian Subjects. They were living at 3 Manor St, in Tynmouth, Devonshire. Their neighbours included Iannettas, Gugliermos ans Gallonis as far as I can see.

I can't find anything on Crucianos at all. Goodness knows how it has been spelled on the census returns!

Marisa
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 18, 2009 8:45 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi again Becky

This is a very, very long shot - but would you know if Giacinta and Francesco had a daughter Ida who would have been born around 1889?

Marisa
lucente

MessagePosté le: Jeu Nov 19, 2009 12:25 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi Becky
as promised I have checked the census , 1881, 1891,1901, for Giacinta Gizzi Cruciani and Francisco Cruciani but unable to find either of them.
There are Gizzi families in Holborn from San Guiseppe and also families in Birmingham, but not Giacinta.
there is a Eda Valentine Cruciani born 1889.
quarter Jan - March, Plymouth, 5b 289. if you think this is a relative and you want to send for the birth certificate.

regards
Ann.
rbdl62d

MessagePosté le: Dim Jan 17, 2010 12:57 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Eda Valentine was the first child of Giacinta and Francisco, their second child, Alberto was my great grandfather.
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Dim Jan 17, 2010 2:22 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hmm - ok this is where you need to let your imagination work a bit. On the 1891 Scotland census there is a two-year-old Ida GRACIANI, listed as born in England. She is staying at the house of her grandmother Mary GIZZI in Main Street, Barrhead, Renfrewshire. Her mother is 26 year old Georgina GRACIANI. Georgina's birthplace is given as 'Naples, Italy' - but that was often given as the birthplace for anyone coming from the general area. Her occupation is given as confectioner.

Also in the household are 14-year-old Antonio GIZZI, brother of Georgina, born in England, and 4-year-old Teresa GIZZI, sister of Georgina, also born England. So the family hadn't been in Scotland all that long.

Mary (probably Maria) is head of the household, and so probably widowed, or her husband may have been back in Italy etc. 'Georgina' is probably visiting her mother without her husband.

Graciani is sufficiently similar to Cruciani, to either be a spelling mistake, a transcription error or a transliteration. In the hard sounds of the dialect of the Comino Valley 'C' can often sound like 'G'. Similarly Georgina could be an anglicisation of Giacinta, or a transcription error - either in 1891 or when it was indexed a few years back. (I am looking at an Ancestry transcription rather than the actual image. The actual image should be available on Scotland's People if you think it may be the same family.)

I don't know what you think. To me there are enough similarities that I would want to investigate it further. There were lots of Gizzi relatives in that area of Scotland in 1891 for them to have been staying near - especially if Maria had been recently widowed, or was on her own for a while for example. The wife of the Nunziato on the census that I had posted above was called Maria (not that that means much - there were thousands of Marias Laughing )

If you think it may be the same family it gives you a few more names to follow up.

Marisa xx
Marisa

MessagePosté le: Dim Jan 17, 2010 2:42 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Another long shot - but the same family seem to appear on the 1881 census in Birmingham. IF its them - then the birthplace is given as SAN GIUSEPPE.
rbdl62d

MessagePosté le: Dim Jan 24, 2010 7:29 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Thank you so much, that really does sound like a possibility I will try to research farther.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Picinisco - Forum Index du Forum -> Genealogy / Genealogie / Genealogia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: